Leather Arrow Storage Idea

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Zach GMA, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Zach GMA

Zach GMA Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been doing leather work for nearly a decade, and recently had the idea to make a leather arrow roll. For the woodworkers out there it is the same concept that wood chisels come packaged in. Essentially i'd hand stitch small "pockets" for the heads and tails of each arrow on a larger rectangular piece of leather. You'd place your arrow in each slot, roll it up like a fruit roll up, and then tie the roll off. The reason I like this method of storing my arrows is that leather doesn't dull a metal edge. In fact if the metal edge scrapes across leather it enhances the edge. I'd like to integrate it into a day pack i'll be brainstorming up in the future, but wanted to get any ideas y'all may have to make this arrow roll even better? Extra pockets, arrow capacity, etc.. Thanks for the input! I'll make sure to post pictures of the process and completed product!

-Zach

Gartmann & Milos Archery
    Senior Partner/Founder

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a couple of friends who have rod holders made from heavy cordura.
    Edit- The carrier lays flat with the reel in a pocket at one end and is rolled up and carried. Holds 4 or 6 rods, can't remember. Tried to see if it was on Bass Pro website and didn't see it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  3. Alex Stephens

Alex Stephens Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Intresting idea wondering if u could make a broad head sleev out of leather as well?