onXmaps????

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by John T., Nov 26, 2019.

1. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for explaining it more Justin. I didn't mean to sound like a doosher about it, but I'm sure that's how I was coming off.

2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very interesting!! You are a PLS? Fascinating profession! I worked for a few small land surveying firms in PA, RI, and MA and can see how this app would be extremely beneficial!

3. mflora98ss

mflora98ss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I am. I no longer am in the field everyday like I used to be and now I simply drive a desk for a living. I was in the field for almost 20 years though.

I use OnX daily here in the office. The way they have the landowner information is very well laid out and works very well for us. I am right on the boundary between PA, and NY and its nice to not have to access more than one counties GIS website in order to get landowner information. IME the data between OnX and the counties Real Property information has been accurate.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  4. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another nice thing I have noticed on onX is walk in areas in MN. These change every year and with this app, they're always at my fingertips.

jonderrs7 likes this.
  5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would be remiss to not mention that onx customers service is fantastic. Also they are a big supporter of organizations that support conservation and public lands like Back County Hunters and Anglers.

So with that said today was my renewal date. I was on the fence about using another program I tried this year and to be honest it was significantly cheaper and for the most part as functional. I decided to renew my 50 state membership to OnX . Over the last 10 years I have made a concerted effort to support companies that support conservation, I figure why stop now.

6. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks to all. I don't hunt outside Tennessee so one state would be sufficient. I have access to public land and like to know where I can't go because of private land. If I know who owns the land, I can get permission to find a deer without trespassing. Our DNR has basic maps but one map left out a large portion of a WMA near me. Now I have more WMA land to hunt.
    Regarding permission- our DNR regulations booklet has a permission form for the hunter and landowner. Each keeps their section. If I'm stopped, I can show the officer my copy of the form. Saves a lot of weeping and wailing when issued a citation. Also the forms are available at the regional offices or license outlets.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do like some caltopo features like the color gradient for slopes.

I like the property owners/boarders of OnX (figure the names are in the county GIS and not blurring them out)

8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Take 2...

I do like some caltopo features like the color gradient for slopes.

I like the property owners/boarders of OnX (figure the names are in the county GIS and not blurring them out)
    Screenshot_20191127-143328_CalTopo.jpeg Screenshot_20191127-143334_onX%20Hunt.jpeg

9. Steven Dearden

Steven Dearden Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use both OnX and Huntstand. I like hunt stand because it gives you the peak game activity times along with some of the capabilities of OnX. I find both to be useful throughout the season.

Garrett Godlewski likes this.