The Hunting Public and Using a Decoy - POLL

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Derrik, Nov 25, 2019.

?

Do you use a deer decoy at any point during season?

Poll closed Jan 24, 2020.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. Derrik

Derrik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've noticed the The Hunting Public boys using a decoy a lot more in recent videos, and although I have never personally used one, I know a lot of guys that swear by them this time of year. I thought it'd be cool to take a poll and see how many guys on here use them versus how many do not. If you do, what do you like about it? If you don't, is there a particular reason why?

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go ask them in their forum

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  4. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot my buck this year in October using the same decoy they use. First season using one and second or third time using it and it worked out well. Watching the buck I shot come over the ponddike and seeing the decoy and slowly moving toward it was really cool but I thought he was going to bust out of there,because he was sketched out but kept moving in and ultimately I was able to get a shot off. If you're a mobile hunter and carry in a bunch of stuff already it can be difficult bringing in a decoy just because the sheer amount of stuff you may already have. I like the decoy THP uses as its lightweight and I didn't have too many issues carrying it out.

5. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't have one but have seen videos of a buck destroying a decoy. Also, I have seen videos of a doe decoy with some estrus scent; interesting to say the least. IF I get one, my grandson will be the designated guy to carry the decoy.

ajsbowhunter likes this.
  6. mflora98ss

mflora98ss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven’t had much success using a doe decoy, but I have had great results with a buck decoy. It’s amazing how when the time is right they work very well and are a perfect match for bowhunting when you need to get them close and keep them there.