Odd feeling from not shooting

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Artem256, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone feel sore and generally ugh when they dont shoot for a bit? When I cant practice esp for a week, usually due to back to back 12’s, or rain. My shoulders and upper back feel achy. Plus I feel run down, when I do shoot again I feel better again. Its the polar opposite of when I started. Where if I shot every day Id be sore and achy. Lol just curious if its one of my oddities or what.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You should get a girlfriend, you can't go around shooting your bow every day you will go blind.

3. hahaha

4. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's the same with any exercise. Once you start, the joints and muscles miss it when you take breaks. My shoulders hurt worse when I don't train. Same with my knees.

Artem256 likes this.
  5. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    "You should get a girlfriend, you can't go around shooting your bow every day you will go blind."
    That why I need glasses? SWMBO might protest to the first part of the suggestion.

Artem256 likes this.
  6. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I feel the same way especially because that motion of drawing a bow is unique enough it uses muscles that don't get worked enough! The thing I hate most is after not shooting for a while I forget the little things in my anchor and I have to refind them again!

Artem256 likes this.
  7. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot in my house daily. Even if it is just a few arrows at 5 yards. I feel I keep my form much better and am using the muscles associated with shooting. I really put focus on form and follow through this way.

Artem256 likes this.
  8. Thermal Hound

Thermal Hound Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Every cell of your body misses the excitement of shooting!

9. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 10 yd/meter place where I can shoot from the den into the basement. I have a quality target that will take up to 60 lb. draw weight. I cut a piece of plywood length-ways and put on four hinges. It folds in half and slides off to the side between the outside basement wall and an old school locker that I use for storage. Our gun club has an indoor range of up to 20 yards but it's a 30 minute drive. My son lives near it so we meet to let the grandkids shoot.