Handheld/Thumb bow releases

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JHasty, Nov 17, 2019.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys trying to get some advice from fellow bow hunters in regards to thumb releases. I have always shot a wrist style release. I currently shoot a Trufire Hardcore. I have been thinking of trying a thumb style release after the season and I am trying to decide between a 3 or 4 finger. Are there any benefits of one over the other as far as comfort, accuracy, etc...? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Far from an expert but I would think the four finger release would give more "hold" power at full draw.

JHasty likes this.
  3. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input john T. I would think the same as you. I always get nervous going out buying new equipment when I have no way of trying it first. Just hate to spend that money and it be a waste because you never can get what you paid for it if you sale it even if it has only been used a few times. There are so many products on the market these days so I always like to get on here and see if I can get some help from fellow hunters.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The more surface area, fingers, the more potential for applied torque.
    Stick with the middle of the road, a three finger hand held till you get a feel for it

JHasty and mflora98ss like this.
  5. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had both, started with 3.. went to 4, shot that a while.. now back to 3. Took me 4 years to come full circle. All I can say is whatever you choose, make sure someone teaches you the correct way to shoot it.

JHasty likes this.