Bow sight ideas

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Andy Kloss, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Andy Kloss

Andy Kloss Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Next year I will be going into my 4th season bowhunting. I am looking for a new setup though. I have a couple bows in mind but I can't make up my mind with sights. I want to stay with a traditional 5 pin.
    I was looking at the trophy ridge sight that automatically adjusts pins based on 20 and 30 but I find the hard to believe. Anyone have prior experience with that specific sight?
    Drop opinions/ ideas!

2. BowedUp

BowedUp Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've never hunted with that particular sight, but I did sight one in for a friend of mine a couple weeks ago after we fletched up some new arrows. It was pretty solid and I did like it for sure. He shoots Carbon Express Maxima Reds, and the sight worked as advertised for those arrows and his setup. I can't vouch for anything else. The sight has a little knob that you twist to adjuster the 30 pin and when you do, it simultaneously moves the remaining pins underneath it. I'm going to just assume that it would be relatively spot on for most setups. If you happen to shoot an outrageously heavy or light arrow, then maybe it becomes less effective. I'm not sure. All I can say is that the little experience that I had with it, I would like to buy one for myself now.

Andy Kloss likes this.
  3. Andy Kloss

Andy Kloss Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for responding! Sounds like your friend had a good experience from it. The arrow weight might be a problem though because I shoot FMJ's so that might throw in some variables but there's only one way to find out!

4. Old West

Old West Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had that sight on my Bowtech Prodigy. I absolutely LOVED that sight. I now have an HHA single pin and would go back to the 5-pin Trophy Ridge in a heartbeat. I've never used a sight I liked better. And the pin adjustment works just as advertised if you follow instructions while sighting in.

Andy Kloss likes this.
  5. Cbowers

Cbowers Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I run the trophy ridge v5 sight on my Halon 32 with easton axis 400 spine 450gr complete arrow w rage head and I love it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Andy Kloss likes this.
  6. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a the TR 5 pin React sight on my BTX. Works like they say it does. Shot at 20, then at 30. Stepped back to 60 and was on. My groupings weren't as good at 60 but it was on to the best of my ability.

I also have the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie single pin adjustable on my Triax. I really like both sights and they work well for me. I'll take my BTX, with the React sight, if I'm walking or open country hunting where shots could vary longer distances. If I'm blind hunting where shots won't go over 25 yards, I use the Triax with the Spot Hogg sight.

The React sight really is good and I don't think you'd be disappointed if you went with it.

Andy Kloss likes this.