****2019 Contest Smack talk and General Banter Thread****

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by cls74, Jul 30, 2019.

1. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I totally agree!
    I had the same issue with the one I shot in '12. Not enough to be non-typical. So they counted against me.
    It booked at 152 due to "deductions". Nets are for fish IMO. My buck grossed 174 2/8.
    Great buck, Clint!

MUDSHARK and NebMo Hunter like this.
  2. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LOL! Is this a real post or a social security type of scam call/post?

Did you pay the taxidermist off and tell him to score it higher if he could?

Otherwise - sure go with the score he gave you. Unless he's trying to help you win the contest - if that is the case then I think you should be disqualified forever.

3. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Post that ****!!!! It was scored by a taxidermist, so unless he is also on team 3 then I think it’s safe to say you’re good.

Besides, there is only one user in this contest that I could imagine being so brazen as to question his own score if he was actually cheating... and my understanding is that as of last Tuesday, the Iowa DNR was dealing with that issue.

tynimiller, MUDSHARK and JeffC like this.
  4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's not a clear cut main frame... It's obvious where the issues could be. I don't have a issue with the new score.
    Congrats on the buck btw

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It was legitimate, you're not going to look at the 2 entry photos and think it has 19 points. I don't have access to the rack if it came into question.

6. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    You’ve been a member here long enough and have a good reputation... It’s only an issue for me if your team wins! Lol

I don’t have an issue with it but I am no one...

airenlow likes this.
  7. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Your missing the point. I dont have anything against guys who make mistakes. Everyone is human. The point I was making this wasn't a mistake. Mistakes are bad math, measuring the wrong spots etc. Not over exaggerating every score. Mass scores. Explain to me how you make mistakes on those? You keep your finger in the loop when measuring?

fletch920 and Fix like this.
  8. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Your obviously cheating. It's totally how you roll on this site. Lol

Nah man. I think everyone agrees that's a legit deer and a legit score. Well done.

Fix and cls74 like this.
  9. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Okay - gotcha man!

Chago likes this.
  10. Kyle Rayburn

Kyle Rayburn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    @mike4christ

Don't forget date and time of kill on your buck entry.

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wasn't the boonie, but same shirt and pants on the recovery.

I'm telling ya, routines and consistency are key.

20191114_182218.jpg

13. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I remember my first deer..... Lmao

Awesome buck man. I shouldn't talk. I haven't seen a buck over 2 years old this year. We have like 2' of snow already which is crazy for this time of year. And the moon has been full all season. And the wind is always blowing in a 360. Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them.

Shocker99 and MUDSHARK like this.
  14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, as a team captain, I went to their team thread (19) and called them out on this to help their member get an accurate score posted. I guess I would rather bring it out in the open rather than let it fester any longer. It is painfully obvious to anyone that has ever put a tape to a set of antlers that this buck is stretched at least 20 inches and probably more. Not accusing anyone of anything intentional, but it needs resolved to keep the contest fun and well intentioned.

15. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    To be honest I've always thought over the years surely with each year scores will get better...but all I know is I strongly wish I could in sound mind claim some of my 120 class bucks were 140s....I mean iHunt's tape measure was all in good fun, but someone stole his and added even more it appears this year.

I 100% get unintended things happen, but folks merely don't even spot check or compare to trusted folks already posted deer that everyone has accepted as a fair reasonable score.

If it weren't for the solid times and awesome friends I've formed in the contest I wouldn't even join...

16. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I sent my team mate with the score in question a PM. We will get it corrected. I am not team Captain this year, so I did not bother to double check his score card post. When he posted 141 on the team thread I assumed it was a typo and it was 114. We will get it fixed.

17. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Zero worries as I no doubt bet it is or will be corrected now...it ain't the first one that makes ya scratch your noggin and it won't even be the last this year.

18. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    FWIW this is example of a good scorer.... I would have even guessed these bucks about 5-10” bigger but he’s probably right on the money. I think a lot of guys take the biggest girth measurements instead of smallest and simply don’t know where to accurately measure the times from at the main beam. As for the above entry it just seems too many credits that don’t count were added. Im sure just an oversight. A guy my uncle hunts with is a “retired” p&y scorer and he just shakes his head what people say their deer score. Not that that’s what matters.
    C19E4358-E0C1-46DE-AFC4-4543A3B8137C.png

airenlow likes this.
  19. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    5DCD51BB-DA23-42E6-8392-B332FA2AA7C4.png And while I’m in the smack talkin thread I’m sure it’s not common practice to smack talk your own team mates but @anthonyzink if you’re somewhere out there.....anywhere.....somewhere over the rainbow. Enter your buck in the SCORECARD thread!!! This guy shoots the best buck so far on our team in early October, probably in the 140-150” range, posts pics to team thread but not scorecard, and then vanishes without a Trace. Never to be heard from again. :confused:
    Anthonyzink Why do you Spite us!?!?!? Lol. No for real if anyone knows Anthony or talks to him outside the forum let him know. We already sent pm’s

20. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I would not have guessed him that high but I take your word for it because pics also don’t show All the hidden junk. They can also be very deceiving with angle and other “camera magic”. Just goes to show if you don’t have the rack and tape in your own hands you just can’t say for sure.... unless they are like 50 inches off. Lol very nice buck btw

cls74 likes this.