Mathews VXR

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Slugger, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any scoop to see if the new bow will be all it's hyped up to be? I am curious mainly on the weight of it to see if they shed any weight from the previous builds.

2. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess we will find out tomorrow.. I really don't think my vertix is heavy at all.. no more than my elite impulse 31

Slugger likes this.
  3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've had mine for a few weeks and I love it. It shoots awesome.

That's all I can say for now. I know most of the info has been leaked already, but we're still under an NDA until tomorrow.

Kfili, alenhard15 and Slugger like this.
  4. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have owned my Vertix now for 5 days and after working on some anchor issues the bow is absolutely a joy. Draw cycle is way better than my Impulse 31. much quieter and seems a bit faster.. I don't know how Mathews will out do this bow, tomorrow and for the next year there will be many reviews and comparisons. I am glad I made the switch. I have owned Golden Eagle, Hoyt, High Country, Parker Hunter mag, Parker ultralite 31+, PSE X force, Bowtech Ally, Bowtech Destryoer 350, Elite E 32, Elite Impulse 31 and now the Vertix. Out of all those bows the only one that gives this a run for the money would be the Ally and then the E 32. Mathews sure did well with the Vertix..

Ks.hunter likes this.
  5. Bgoes41

Bgoes41 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

6. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's released. Idk. Gotta try and shoot it. I wonder what the differences are between the 28 and 31.5 besides the .2lbs

Sent from my SM-G920P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't see much difference in last year's vertix. just longer and some silent gadet thing..

Kfili likes this.
  8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot them both and they feel almost the same to me. I personally prefer a slightly longer ATA so I went with the 31.5 while Todd opted for the 28. I know on paper they don't seem all that much different than the Vertix, but I can say there is a difference in how they hold and shoot. I have shot them side by side dozens of times and the VXR just feels "better". I can't explain how exactly, but it just does. Not by a wide margin but if I were forced to pick one, the VXR would win out for me.

9. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm no expert in how bows shoot vs. other bows... In fact - I'm quite the rookie when it comes to comparing and contrasting this sort of thing. Until this year I had been shooting a Bowtech/Diamond/BlackIce or something rather for 10 years. So ANYTHING I bought was going to shoot better than that thing - although that bow was quite good to me. I finally upgraded this year and opted for the Vertix after doing some research and shooting a few over the years. The bow has preformed flawlessly for me thus far.

The weight thing isn't an issue to me. I really don't get the criticism for that unless you're hunting out west a lot and carrying it around all day then I could understand the weight issue. Otherwise - I'd just ignore the noise surrounding that.

I love that the grip isn't just metal/steel that tends to get super cold. The grip design is just perfect for me.

The draw is so smooth.

Quite and packs quite the punch.

But Mathews and these other manufacturers sure do a great job with marketing efforts and getting these bows in the hands of guys who will promote them and help move product! So I am sure the VRX will sell and preform amazingly. I'm just not going to be entertaining a new bow for awhile - I feel like I just bought the best bow on the market in the Vertix.

78littlered, Slugger and Vabowman like this.
  10. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    And while I have not shot the VRX nor will I anytime soon, Im very glad I bought my Vertix..and it will stay with me for a long time

Slugger likes this.
  11. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea i just don't see a big difference in this years bows. Looks like i will wait it out another year. Nothing wrong with my bow now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

12. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Never judging a bow off specs or what all is there, but every bow manufacturer some years merely tweaks or polishes off the previous years offerings and the VRX feels like that. It doesn't in any way take away from the bow, and I'll still be shooting one here at some point as I do every year (despite never justifying the cost) with every flagship bow that comes out.

Rusker likes this.