I am ashamed for these kids...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    SO most of yall know I am an 8th grade civics teacher. Today is Veteran's Day. We had an assembly for the parents of our students, vets or active.. It was nice.. After the assembly I brought my class to the room and I was going to tell them the following story.

My grandfather was 17 in 1943. He grew up poor here in my town like most and was a country boy like his father before him. He was a football god in high school, he was offered a full ride to play football for Randolph Macon College. He met my grandmother the summer before his senior year. They fell in love and dated his senior year with plans for him to go to college. Well Over in Europe things were roaring and he told my grandmother that he was not going to play football, he was not going to go to college and that he was going to enlist in the Navy.. After graduation in 1943 he told her Im off to Europe to fight the Germans if I make it back I will love you and be your husband for the rest of my life.
    Well he went and his duty was to storm the beach at Normandy!! In his platoon there 53 men. They were surrounded in an orchard by the Germans. On hands and knees they crawled through to the other side where there was an opening. When they cleared it they regrouped...There were 3 left. He was one of them.. He made it home after D Day and he married my grandmother. They were married 55 years until his death. He kept his promise to her and to his country.
    The sad thing is, I had students they wouldn't shut up long for me to even get started and then had one get disrespectful to me...So I said never mind, gave them a qz instead... Im so disgusted with this generation...

My grandfather Robert H Tucker Sr. Top right corner the day after D Day...

IMG_0425.jpg

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't you wish a teacher could smack crapheads up along side the head?

early in, BowedUp, fletch920 and 6 others like this.
  3. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I tell ya Sota.. these kids in this generation are so self absorbed and defiant, I will promise you they will 100% allow this country to be destroyed.. The millennial generation kicked this all off. Far too sensitive, soft, snow flakes... My grandfather came home from that war and worked for Dupont in the plant for 45 years.. no counseling, no ptsd disorder, and if he did, he didn't know what it was... he hit the bottle hard, but he went to work, raised 4 kids and my grandmother never worked or had a driver's licence... they don't make men like him anymore...

early in, BowedUp, Jason44680 and 6 others like this.
  4. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Whoops wrong thread

Vabowman likes this.
  5. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya i teach middle school pe...for now, i told my wife i dont have much more in me... only on year 7.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

6. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    year 15 for me, and I don't want to do this anymore either.. It's just not worth the energy. they are in constant need of attention and they will act out anyway they can to get it..

Kfili likes this.
  7. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Then if you do punish the kids or set them straight, they go home and cry to mommy and daddy and then you have their parents coming in to tell you how to do your job or you aren't doing it correctly and that is why their kid is failing or acting out.

early in, Tom WI, Kfili and 1 other person like this.
  8. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Vabowman, I know what you mean and I agree. A friend said he saw a high school textbook that devoted only two pages to WWII. They talk about time-out. A comedian said when he was a kid, time-out referred to the number of minutes you were unconscious. A friend told the story- I smarted off to my father. Next thing I knew, I was flying over the couch!
    Sorry, I could not be a teacher now. My wife was in preschool education for 32 years. It is a shame how things have gone down the crapper.

Ldsturg and Vabowman like this.
  9. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    "I died once when I was kid, my dad told me to get up and walk it off.." unknown

10. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    thank you to you and your family, may your grandfather rest in peace, and may god bless the next generation. i know it doesnt look very promising.

11. Crazyhunter

Crazyhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Kids these days just want a free ride. It's hard to get them to work for anything. I was raised where you had to work for anything you get. I think part of it is the way parents are raising them. My granddad fought in WW2 as well as his brothers. He had a hard life when he returned to be a plumber and raise 5 kids. I only ever heard him talk about what he did or saw a couple times. These men went in as kids and fought a horrendous war for us. We should all be thankful for that. They need to start teaching about this in school and stop trying to erase it. I feel bad for the generations to come and just hope I'm gone before this country falls flat on its face.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

12. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you sir...he was a true man of purest form. I miss him greatly...

MUDSHARK likes this.
  13. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I guess it's no use.. I just tried for the sake of my grandfather and his entire generation to tell this story to my 4th pd...I got about 1 minute in and I had to throw two students out.. One was eating a bag of chips right in front of me and got mad and smart mouthed me when I told him to get out...another, who is not a citizen here nor are his parents was playing on his "school issued computer" and not even looking at me, could care less, I threw him out too! I went in the hall after I told the story and chewed them both out and neither felt any shame what so ever... sorry guys for the rant, but Vets, especially WW2 and Vietnam vets have a soft spot in my heart..

14. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think was Jeff Foxworthy or maybe one of the other blue collar comedy guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

15. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    sounds about right

16. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is why we need men like you to continue on in the teaching profession...

17. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man, but every fiber in me is struggling because the liberal agenda has flooded and saturated the public education system and it is rotten to the core.

ash d and Kfili like this.
  18. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I taught public school for 6 yrs and my wife 13. I hear you.

Kfili and Vabowman like this.
  19. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, look on the bright side, I guess. The "reset button" is coming hard and fast...

Vabowman likes this.
  20. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Man I miss my pop.. I wish I could turn back the hands of time...so many real men of that generation. tough SOBs for sure. Men today have been castrated and emasculated by the feminist movement. sad thing is, women with dignity want and desire men like my grandfather, there just aren't any left...