Team 12 - Drop Tine Dozen

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by vermontwhitetail, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    early in, vermontwhitetail and Turro like this.
  2. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Back in the stand in NJ. Saw slot of rut activity with my son this morning and up again this afternoon. Just need a shooter in range and the kids are looking for a doe or a buck. I'll be here for 9 days. Good luck everyone.

early in, sycamoretwitch and Turro like this.
  3. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The contest doesn’t really matter but damn we can win this thing! It matters haha Let’s win this and keep the squad together for 2020! Need to fill our doe quota.

Kfili, vermontwhitetail and Turro like this.
  4. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After having been on a team that repeated I think it would be awesome to string a few together now too. And seeing everyone dropping deer makes it a blast. Would be a great crew to keep going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, if I don't kill a buck it won't be from a lack of trying/stand time. I put roughly 50 hours in last week and did let a small 8pt walk. Two of those days were dark to dark hunts and I'll be doing another tomorrow. I will kill a buck. :tu:

6. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I have three good 8s walking by my corn edge stand. One is a day light Walker. And just cause the other two aren't on daylight cam doesn't mean they weren't 20yds away. Kids are doing most of the hunting till Wednesday. I'll be by myself Thursday-Sunday. I'm determined to drop a buck. May not be 130-150, maybe 100-110, but I'm determined. I like shooting deer

7. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That’s a solid effort. Hope this week it all comes together. You’re due for sure, just looking forward to seeing what one makes it work

vermontwhitetail likes this.
  8. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope the kids get a shot and you do too. Sounds like plenty to fill a few tags. Any deer taken is a win. I’m going out tonight hoping for a chance at a 100, and pretty flexible there. Good luck out there

9. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  10. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was going to say I think we’re still missing Kfili’s buck too! I agree with you guys, this has definitely been the best team I’ve been a part of. There’s still a lot of time and some great hunting to be had! Keep on pounding away guys, I’m definitely cheering for you guys, we definitely have a shot at this thing. I mean who doesn’t like bragging rights for 365 days?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

11. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    You're on them man - it's going to happen! Good luck to you this week. Lets get it done!

12. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Ya I mean that is the point in entering the contest to win it - I've been participating for years but this is the best chance I think I've had to be in it to win it. I like winning...

13. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I have to ask...what’s your guys thoughts on the whole boonerville dilemma? I never did get a great vibe from the guy on here or any other SM platform. It’s absolutely crazy what big deer will do to some people. I’m just glad that he wasn’t a “big name” and put another strike next hunters in general. Just completely uncalled for, and to put his wife and small children through the ringer with him. I honestly do hope that the Iowa DNR makes him a “big name” now and sticks him with the biggest penalty allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

14. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is there a summary of it all? I skimmed over and saw the mention on the scorecard but figured there must be a more descriptive somewhere. Besides the few threads I don’t read through posts like I used to. Basically subscribe to scorecard, team thread, and that’s about it. From what I saw I was curious I was gonna dig into and see but hadn’t got to it yet

Mathews1995 likes this.
  15. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure what the entire story is yet and I personally dont like being a FB commentator until I know the complete story, which I may never, cause I dont know him. Until any offense is proven beyond a reasonable doubt I believe people are innocent and should be treated as such. For purposes of the contest, I would say that BHOD management should collect all the information that they can like public records documents and they should reach out to boonerville as well and then make a decision on what to do.

16. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Get that scored and on the board!

17. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That’s kinda my feelings too. Usually I hate social media for how things go. I try to get info just to know but keep reserved and quiet cause never know. Too many smear campaigns mixed in with deuches to really figure out what’s what without lots of digging.

18. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    1. I really am not that active posting or reading the forum 8 months out of the yearz I really only post/read September-January.

2. And during that time really only post/read LFTS and our team thread. Outside of that I don’t pay attention to people on this forum and what they post.

3. Given that - I don’t have an opinion of the guy because he’s never been on my radar. But from the sounds of he’s not a good person or ambassador for our sport. I’d presume they’ve blocked or banned him?! I mean if DNR has enough evidence to charge you with a hunting crime that’s enough for me to pass judgement if I so choose.

4. A lot of illegal idiots in the world. Hell I took the day off to haul some scrap to the junk yard had a guy slam into the back of my trailer. Hit and Run. His vehicle was abandoned a few miles away... I mean what in the absolute hell!

5. As for bad name for the sport - ya that’s always something to consider. I deal with a lot of non hunters in my life from many walks of life. My interactions and conversations with them have been very productive. If the people you were conversing with trust you and what you stand for as human being then that positive interaction and opinion of you will win out each and every time! Good trumps evil - so we owe to the hunting community to continue to tell our story - hunt the right way and be sure that our word reflects a positive light on the industry.

My two cents worth.

MIHOYT89 likes this.
  19. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright my brusier is in, 57 iches added to our team . Anyone can shoot a big one, ya gotta be really good get one that size though!
    Im actually still happy with the deer- even after seeing a giant yesterday. I just really love putting deer on the ground with my bow. Sorry I couldnt get more points for the team!

MIHOYT89, Turro and vermontwhitetail like this.
  20. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    WAIT! Hes growing, forgot to add the spread! brb

MIHOYT89, Logman, Turro and 1 other person like this.