Jealousy

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by boonerville, Dec 14, 2018.

1. buggs

buggs Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The disintegration of the 80 acre farm has done a lot of damage to legacy hunting practices and norms, especially in the Midwest. Realtors are buying these 40 and 80 acre tracts and subdividing them into 5 and 10 acre "hunting" tracts/parcels. Like you said, jealousy and competition then ensues. City and suburbanites try to bring those large population center attitudes to the backwoods and the results are rarely an improvement compared to "what used to be". Treating a 165' x 1320' 5 acre parcel, or a 330' x 1320' 10 acre parcel as if it is a viable deer camp (unless state or federal land is near by) and placing a blind or stand every 165' the length of the property is proving to be a recipe for disaster for legacy land owners as well as single hunter small parcel owners - as shown by the decline in hunter participation as well as the constant unrest and bickering on internet forums. My best advise to anyone reading this - that is considering buying hunting property is - buy a plat book and avoid purchasing anything near a section that has multiple postage stamp size parcels unless your going to live there year round. Looking forward to getting back into fishing and RV'ing.... These new hunting norms are not for me....

fletch920 likes this.
  2. Chris76

Chris76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is a very good article and very good debate. It should be a sticky... I agree with a lot and disagree with a lot. Facebook is a evil thing. Never had it and never will but why should you be punished bc you want to show how proud you are of a kill. I have hunted diff places and no matter where you hunt you have that one or 2 people that hunt the line of the property. Sometimes it’s just to make sure no trespassing is going on and yet the other so they kill the big buck before the other land owner kills him. Sounds to me like you have tried to be polite and reach out to him but none of us know if you was polite or kinda upset yourself. One example for me A lady gave me and my son permission to hunt a box her late husband used to hunt. While a small buck come walking up the land (which would have been his first buck) but I notice the poster sign and it never crossed to her land so we let it walk. To make surprise the other land owner was hunting where he could see us not sure to spy or his normal spot but 10 minutes later he walked to his line and asked us to come talk to him. His first words was why didn’t your son shot that buck. My boy 9 at the time said my dad told me it was not on the land we are allowed to hunt so I wasn’t allowed to shot it. The guy looked at me and held his hand out and said didn’t think there was many guys like you left. He thank us for respecting his land and said if that buck returns even if it’s on his side to harvest the buck. Never seen it again. Maybe the first step should have been talk to all parties who hunt the old ladies land and gain respect and rules but it sounds to me like your just in a very bad situation and this guy isn’t going to talk or be kind to you in any way. Try and think of a new hunting strategy and beat him at his own game. Man and I thought I had a battle trying to hunt public ground. Good luck.

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We'll revert back to this post, for sanity purposes.

Care to comment on your Nobember 4, 2019 buck.

Would love to see the live feeds, updates, buck pics with hero shots.

Lets talk about your new adventure, shot a great buck 11/4/19. Well, great enough to tease on facebook and hint on BH.C.

Track pics, friends along for the track, polls on how your fans feel. Then bam, you find your buck.

What happens after is the mystery.

Silence happens....

Facebook pages depicting the boonerville name disappear, yet the magical 181" beast appears and you like their post.

Yet your personal page has so many errors on why pics are missing for only one day. The day.

Give it up Jordan, you sir are a fraud and obsessed with the antlers rather than the hunt.

Where's your buck at tonight?

Screenshot_20191105-135719_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20191105-135727_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20191105-211645_Facebook.jpg

WETWOODLODGE, MUDSHARK and foodplot19 like this.
  4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And poof, his personal facebook page disappeared.

Lawyered up I imagine :lol:

5. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What do we believe happened here? I'm not one to pass judgement until all sides of a story are told, but this one has me puzzled. I was following Boone's hunt live on FB and was really hoping to see some pics of the deer but now there's nothing but radio silence and deleted social media accounts? Plus a very vague comment about broken ribs from Boone. Does anybody know anything factual about what is going on?

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Supposedly that deer is now in the hands of Iowa Department of Natural Resources. Unsure of exact violation until it posts on the court site. Has to be pretty significant to have your deer confiscated. He already pleaded guilty to trespassing while deer hunting on his facebook live doe last year

7. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    But we really have no evidence that the DNR has the deer though do we?

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It was a fellow resident that brought it up with him. Post has since been deleted but its still available in a few quotes.

We have evidence that he has deleted everything in relation to his Nov. 4th kill including his facebook accounts. I don't do instagram and those other things but I imagine they are as well. Kinda silly IMO because all of thise are saved and available to law enforcement upon request.

He did the same thing last year with his doe he shot across property line to kill. That's enough for me.

In nearly 11 years on this forum I have never had issues with anyone until last years doe. I thinkn someone of his stature and influence on others needs called out.

You can wait for him to pony up the details, but that will likely not happen. When a pattern repeats itself, you can usually tell what happens next.

9. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It isn't exactly easy for the DNR to catch hunting violations - I think I remember reading somewhere that they catch less than one percent of all violations. With those odds, if they catch the same person twice in a couple years, I can't help but wonder what were the other 198 violations that they missed?

Sota likes this.
  10. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Does Boonerville still get me 10% off Radix cameras? Asking for a friend.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Too soon man:lol:

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  12. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So what are possible violations that could have been committed here? It's probably not anything terribly obvious as he blasted the hunt all over social media. Or is it and that's why he took them all down? I thought I saw someone posted about a land owner's tag. Could it be that he took the deer on ground he had permission for but didn't own or lease?

13. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You must own and control the ground or farm the ground to be considered legitimate for landowners tag. Simply leasing ground for hunting purposes does not qualify.

foodplot19 and Garet like this.
  14. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You think he misunderstood the rules or is it pretty well known?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    One more for old times, before this thread disappears like a thief in the night.
    Angry Neighbor.jpg

16. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    It is very clearly stated in the regs. In fact, we have to register eligible parcels online with the DNR to even use the landowner tag. There is an entire section in the rules and regs about what qualifies as a landowner. You would have to be willingly blind to misuse that tag in my opinion. And, if you are trying to make a name for yourself in the whitetail world and posting every move on social media, you probably better have spent a little time reading and understanding the laws. Our DNR main office in Des Moines is one call away and always very helpful to answer questions.

foodplot19 and virginiashadow like this.
  17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Reason I asked bc I almost got in trouble with the base rules yesterday. Nothing criminal, just admin stuff. I hunt two different federal spots that both use the same internet system. One place makes you notch a tag and check the deer in online before bringing it to the game check. The other makes you notch a tag then bring it in without checking the deer in first. I screwed up by checking the deer in online first and notching a tag instead of notching a tag then having them check it in.

I went in and told them I messed up right away. The guy said they had been suspending ppls opportunity to hunt for 2 weeks when they did that and acted stupid. But he said he let me off with a warning bc I was honest right away. Thought I was going to lose my place to hunt this rut. Thought maybe Boonerville did something like that....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fletch920 likes this.
  18. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Our system is not nearly that confusing. Not even close. I can see where you could make that mistake easily. We will give you this one free pass before we take up the pitchforks. :evilgrin::bow:

19. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those cameras really bring out the realism and raw emotions....impressive.

20. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe he just took all his social media down until he finds that 10” of broken tine of the first buck :beer: