Swhacker 100 Grain Broadheads and Easton FMJ 11.3 GPI 340

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by OneArrowAtATime, Nov 3, 2019.

1. OneArrowAtATime

OneArrowAtATime Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys,

I just bought some Swhacker 100 grain mechanical broad heads (207 green). I had been using the Grim Reaper Micro Hades, but got tired of how much differently they flew from my practice heads. With all the hype about Swhacker flying identical to practice heads, I took the bait and bought them in preparation for my Axis hunt. So far I have just used the practice heads on my target, but I noticed that the broadhead is not flush with my arrow (Full Metal Jacket 11.3 GPI 340). Is this ok?? I'm shooting very tight bullseye groups with my field points, but the Swhacker practice head is hitting quite a bit left and definitely not performing as i had expected or hoped for. Please let me know if the base of where the broadhead screws in not being flush with the arrow itself is an issue or not. Many thanks for all your help!

p.s. see reference photos attached

Attached Files:

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Paper tune your rig. Check timing and release if you have a drop away.

3. OneArrowAtATime

OneArrowAtATime Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It was just paper tuned and timing and release all triple checked

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not too many ppl use swackers on here but I do and have for years. I shoot rampages from Black eagle so they are not micro but smaller than standard shaft. I have never had a issue with BH to FP though. I don't mean to beat the question into the ground but when you say it's tuned.... Did you do it or the shop and if they did it, did you witness that it was correct? Lots of shops hit you for a fee and don't do the work (specially when it's busy). And since it's almost RUT I would advise sighting in to BH and working on it in the of season. Good luck man

Longdraw likes this.
  5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where is your outsert?

6. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use fixed heads here at home. But out in Kansas I use the Swhacker and they shoot a little off but not much. Good luck

7. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A paper tune is just a starting point IMO...and especially if the Tech at the bow shop is the one that shot it while it was being paper tuned.
    Do a quick French tune on it and see where it's at. You now have two different sets of broad heads that fly different from your field points. This points to the tune on your bow. Your shooting form in comparison to your Tech's shooting form is likely different. Even better would be to go back in to your shop and have the Tech paper tune it again while YOU shoot it.