The Hunt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by tynimiller, Nov 3, 2019.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Shared this elsewhere, figured many here could relate:

[​IMG]

I've long said the reason why kids today just aren't interested in hunting is because society tells them if you want something bad enough or you just participate you'll reap the reward.

Fact is hunting is FAR from this. In baseball if you bat .300 for your long career or better you'll likely be considered a great. In golf if you win the Masters just once, your name is immortalized forever.

In hunting (especially specific buck hunting) there will be entire years where it doesn't come together...your goals go unmet and targets missed entirely. You'll get cold, wet and force yourself time and time again to get up early, stay late and do it all over again even after not seeing a deer for days.

Then it will happen, sometimes in a mere 10 seconds...THE HUNT will occur. In mere seconds the entire year, or even years of defeat are pushed aside by sweet victory. Oh how sweet that moment is. It can recharge your drive to continue the pursuit to the next time, whether that be a month, year or a couple years...you want to experience that again.

God bless all who read this...may you keep pushing and keep pursuing.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Perfectly said brother!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tom WI

Tom WI Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. The young society now is very much one that needs to be pleased now. they want that immediate gratification. Thus, they are not willing to actually put a lot of work into something that does not give them immediate satisfaction.

To me, the hunt not only includes the killing of that big buck, but the scouting, the deer you miss, that buck that spooked when he heard your arm scrape against a tree when you drew on him. Those days when your feet and hands are numb and its pouring rain, but you stick out in the stand just for that sliver of hope that a deer will pass by. You will taste defeat a lot of the time, but the taste of success, even just once, makes up for it all. This, is bowhunting.

4. fred_Bump

fred_Bump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You speak the truth. Many a cold, miserable day I’ve spent waiting for that one chance and hoping when it came I would do my part. You’ve got to put as much into it as what you expect to get out of it and most of the time more, but it’s worth it. Im just glad to be able to hunt and live free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom WI likes this.