Here’s a map, show me where you’d set up... discussion

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by slickbilly-d, Oct 30, 2019.

1. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It’s Nov. 1st. The beans are out. You have 80 acres to yourself. Typical rubs inside of field edges, but you know that’s happening at night. Lots of oaks. What’s your game plan?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. BowedUp

BowedUp Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would try to set up where you have the pointer in the first topo picture where it looks like a fork in the creek near the bottoms. You didn't give any indication of predominant winds, but since we know where your hunting spot is now, I can just look that up myself! :lol:

slickbilly-d likes this.
  3. slickbilly-d

Dislikes Received:
    Thought I had it all marked out. Just bring beer!

BowedUp likes this.
  4. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    From just looking at a map, I pick the yellow spot as a setup. C0F56C42-F8C4-4D0B-BA01-98C756EBD3C8.jpeg

5. slickbilly-d

Dislikes Received:
    Found 4 golf balls and bumped a shooter buck off of a little knob just north of your yellow blob in that point. Guess I ought to give it another shot early morning. Try to beat him to his bed on a SW wind

6. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    With the ravine that runs through there and how it funnels out to those fields, it looks like a good spot.

7. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have 360 degree access? Coming in from the west, if you have rub lines inside and off the AG, then I would setup in the mornings on downwind side of trails with rubs near those long fingers off the AG on the topo. Rising thermals should be up and out while the bucks cruise the middle of those ridges looking for does on their way back to bedding. If you are concerned with where they enter the hardwoods before cruising, then glass from the east road and see if you can get an idea of where they enter. Evening hunts include your yellow dot, but any field edges look very accessible with the right wind. Best wishes, and shoot’em straight!

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

8. BowedUp

BowedUp Newb

Dislikes Received:

Yep I was also thinking that finger that juts out into the fields north of the yellow dot. I don't hunt anywhere even remotely close to areas with ag fields, so I'm not the most experienced in that regard. However, the wiley vets of the woods tell me that bucks like to hid out in fingers/islands of woods.