Team 11 Hab en Arrows

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by fletch920, Aug 26, 2019.

1. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks so much, we certainly appreciate it. Also, best of luck to you on a speedy recovery. Play it safe for now and be smart! Glad to hear that you at least got to have an amazing experience with a giant bear. I loved the recovery photos. In Iowa, they still wont allow tracking dogs. Dumbest thing ever. Go get that buck and grab us some points man! We are rockin this thing right now. I just started to get quite a few buck photos last night during the night. They are definitely close to breaking it loose. Unfortunately, we just keep finding and hearing of dead bucks everywhere around here due to an extreme outbreak of EHD. So many of our target bucks have vanished and I know that the majority of them are dead. Sad.

Bushnlo, you get a score on that buck yet? When do you think you will get him entered? That buck is a game changer for sure. Congrats again.

To the rest, its almost go time! Be safe and enjoy each hunt for what it is and not what you wish it could be. No pressure to score, but I sure hope you do! lol

John adams likes this.
  2. John adams

John adams Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    E4A9C471-629B-442C-9982-30DE6E8ACBAB.jpeg It was youth only weekend here in TN. The only chance I had to take my son was this afternoon. Luckily we had an opportunity even with 10-15 mph winds F5EFCAE1-9D86-4076-A4CF-4FB15C2F5496.jpeg

fletch920 likes this.
  3. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I am starting to pick up a lot of buck activity at night on scrapes and in plots. Lots of new faces showing up. Unfortunately, nothing huge. But, a couple that might make the cut. I have had a couple of pics at first and last light, so really close to finally climbing in a stand.

4. Mlavigne78

Mlavigne78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just added another 50 points with a doe. Very nice buck bushnlo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fletch920 likes this.
  5. John adams

Dislikes Received:
    Man we are giving it a good go so far! Keep it up fellas

fletch920 likes this.
  6. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, look at the score card and see where we don't match up. Score total does not equal kills listed. I think we might be missing some, as of 10-30. If yours, maybe message me or the score keeper. Thanks!

7. John adams

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah We should have 50 more points for Mlavigne78’s doe it’s like on of the last posts on the scorecard thread

fletch920 likes this.
  8. John adams

Dislikes Received:
    Correction, his doe has been included in the score it’s just not listed

fletch920 likes this.
  9. John adams

Dislikes Received:
    Side note; we are rocking first place at the moment

m_jaske, dcaldwell and fletch920 like this.
  10. m_jaske

m_jaske Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go everyone! Congrats to all so far the nice bucks and does. I'm finally gonna be able to get in the stand starting Monday took vacation for the whole week. It's a new place I just got everything setup on last week since I had to give up my last place but I hope everything works out!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

fletch920 and Mlavigne78 like this.
  11. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great work everyone. I got stuck working out in Denver for 3 weeks so it’s been super busy. I am also taking a couple weeks off coming up so hopefully I can contribute to everyone’s great start.

fletch920 and Mlavigne78 like this.
  12. Mbcoyote

Mbcoyote Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys! Been giving it a solid go here in cold, freezing, snowy Manitoba. Been close to sealing the deal a few times now, on does and bucks. I can take only one deer with my tag for a years now. To kill 2 I party hunt with my brother. He's there in the woods hunting with me with a tag but I have the bow. Sometimes he's with me sometimes 100 yards away but it has to be In verbal hailing distance. So far we havent been successful.

fletch920 likes this.
  13. dcaldwell

dcaldwell Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got a few days off early next week.. gonna take the young’n out on Saturday with a gun... then I have essentially 3 days to myself in the woods. Unfortunately all my bucks have disappeared from the trail cameras but they hav always responded well to rattling in the past... fingers crossed it works again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

14. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I have sat 3 times now. I passed a nice 3 year old 10 point the first two minutes in the stand this year and then saw the buck that I am after on that farm. Unfortunately, he saw me first as I was still getting my bow hung up and settling in. He was not sure what he saw and did not bolt off, so I think I can still have a chance at him out of that same stand. Things have actually been pretty slow and I am experiencing first hand just how bad EHD hit us. Way fewer deer and only a very few bucks that I would consider killing at this point. I am in hopes that the rut will bring in a few travelers.

15. John adams

Dislikes Received:
    853650E7-F8F8-48CC-905E-F591150B7C6B.jpeg 257A6C27-F1F3-41D0-92F5-43068D5D0BA8.jpeg Well I’ve been on a public land quota rifle hunt this week. Been without service or anything but I got it done! Not the biggest but not the smallest either I’m happy! He was a 9 but he broke off some of his left beam and the g3 came with it. Spent probly 45 minutes trying to find it..

Mlavigne78 and fletch920 like this.
  16. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got a buck this morning. Will get him scored later in the week. Time to put some pressure on a doe.

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck!

18. John adams

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome buck!! Gunna be a great addition!

19. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I sat Saturday most of the day. I saw at least 12 bucks and not one of them was more than 3 years old. The old boys were locked down with a doe. Last night was the first time I got a couple of pictures of mature bucks checking scrapes and plots in over a week. As most of the does get bred, the older bucks will be back on the warpath looking for the stragglers. I think the next few days will get better and I hope to hunt tomorrow.

dcaldwell likes this.
  20. John adams

Dislikes Received:
    A588AEC8-9839-4C48-936D-998375B80D93.png 69E04349-0A63-4879-BB59-A091A8A0A230.png 3EB09CFE-7C97-4E78-B8E4-C13A57A99979.png Well I can’t post the video so here are some snap shots. Pretty cool experience this was a first for me!