Team 12 - Drop Tine Dozen

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by vermontwhitetail, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome. Love seeing that nearly as much as a deer down. Congrats on a good harvest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vermontwhitetail likes this.
  2. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  3. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I sat for 7 hours today. Saw 6 deer, which is good for my woods. First a button buck around 2:00PM, then three doe around 5:00PM, and two bucks trailing them about 3 minutes later. One was a 4pt and the other a decent 8pt which I didn't get a great look at. I think he might be one I have a trail cam pic of. I didn't shoot one of the does because at this point I see them as buck bait! I'll be sitting all day tomorrow and I'm pumped!! Checking my cams on Sunday in the rain before the Eagles game. :tu:

4. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well that sucked, power steering o rings needed to get replaced, took forever to get the belt back on and freaking split it right when I got it on... was working on it all afternoon. Morning hunt is now postponed since I need to take the dang car in to get the belt swapped cuz im not fooling it with it anymore. Will try to head out after that for a random mid-day sit? maybe i cna get lucky and catch some cruising.

vermontwhitetail and Turro like this.
  5. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Working on cars or tractors or any small engine is for the birds I tell ya... I’ve got no skill or desire to work on shi* like that. The thought of it is enough to make me want drink quite a bit of booze.

Turro, vermontwhitetail and Kfili like this.
  6. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I really enjoy working with my hands but hate when it's on my own stuff. Especially with last night since i don't have an extra car because my wife is out of town (so i could hunt). So if it doesn't go smooth i get stranded.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Turro and vermontwhitetail like this.
  7. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man I was super close this morning guys. Had a great buck start working his way in right after first light. Stayed around for 25 minutes making a scrape and rubbing trees. Closest he ever got was 34 yards which is unfortunately farther than I'll shoot with a recurve. Wish I could have sat all day but I have to work. If the weather cooperates with me I'll be out tomorrow afternoon. Here's his scrape [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

early in, P&YChaser, Logman and 3 others like this.
  8. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    He was a huge bodied deer for my area a d easily a 130" 9 point

early in, Turro, Kfili and 1 other person like this.
  9. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope he makes it in closer tomorrow Max. Had to have got the blood flowing. Got to see a few from distance only making them years ago and was one of the cooler things to see. Hopefully get to see some action this year too.

10. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been out hunting since Thursday and really haven’t had much action. Lots of activity on the cameras, but nothing during daytime yet. I’ve had a couple small buck and a doe and fawn, but nothing in range that I want to shoot yet. Got my doe decoy set up on a small clover plot tonight, hoping one of the big ones comes in to check her out!

11. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah hopefully, I'm gonna move up 15 yards and down the trail a little in Hope's of having a better shot opportunity if he decides to show again on the same trail. And my heart was beating out of my chest lol

12. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a solid plan. Hope you get the shot. Always could get interesting if some new bucks come through to check things out too. With a reason there for them to come through never know. Hope to see a trophy pic and a story soon

13. early in

Dislikes Received:
    Sat 12 solid hours today and didn't see a single deer! That's disheartening enough, but to be tormented ALL frigging day long by gnats on top of it was tough to take. They were so bad I had to use my head net. That's only a last resort, because it does hinder your vision a little bit.
    I did get a couple pics of decent bucks on my cams though.

Attached Files:

Turro and vermontwhitetail like this.
  14. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's pretty much my season so far in VT and NJ. Lots of night time action on cam, but no daytime movement. Hopefully November and December are different. Good luck everyone!

P&YChaser, Turro and early in like this.
  15. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Getting out for last light tonight. Planning at least and hopefully will come through this time. Decided to check cams just to see how potential looks to see and adjust standards. Bad side is had buck in front of stand twice just before last light since last check, probably on the nights I intended to be out and was changed by last min wife OT and me in with kids... plus side is the two were different bucks so 2 different bucks came around maybe 100-110”. Given that I’m going from my standard of brown to now gonna hope for a poke at one of them for tonight. Was only one pic of each, and did have daily wolves/yotes, but with good time left I’m gonna try and hold for them. Makes me a little more pumped to get out.

16. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No luck tonight. Passed a spike that had to taunt me for a while up close. Was curious how it was gonna be when a wolf walked off that plot to the field when I was heading to the stand on it. Hopefully out again in a few days. Woulda taken the spike had I not checked cams but hopefully pays off for the better. Glad seeing some potential coming around.

vermontwhitetail and Logman like this.
  17. early in

Dislikes Received:
    I sat for 3 1/2 hours this evening without seeing anything. Really good conditions too. Next sit will probably be a dark to dark on Saturday. Things should be getting under way! :tu:

18. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Keep on pounding away guys. The time where absolutely anything could happen is upon us. I’m going to get out for a couple hours this evening behind my house to try to whack a doe or 2 and then really start concentrating on my second buck tag here in Michigan. I checked a camera mid day Sunday and had two new decent bucks show up within the last week just working the downwind side of a bedding area. I think Saturday and Sunday morning I’m going to hunt 2 different properties that I haven’t set foot in since the middle of June as long as I have the right winds

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

vermontwhitetail, Kfili and Turro like this.
  19. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just ordered a limb driver pro v, excited to try it out!

20. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Watching the weather closely to try and hunt tonight. It's wet so should make for a quiet and clean entry and exit... Not that I'm all that worried about that this time of year.

If I don't hunt tonight I will be in a stand Friday afternoon.