Ground hunters

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Crazyhunter, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Crazyhunter

Crazyhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How many here hunt from the ground only? I have been going to blinds and ground hunting for the past couple years. Have had good luck with it.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

2. Old West

Old West Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't only hunt from the ground, but some of my best/most exciting hunts have been from the ground. My favorite hunt ever was from the ground without a blind. I snuck in a 50 minute hunt and saw more action (big bucks fighting, etc.) from behind a tree in that 50 minutes than I've seen in entire seasons before.

Ground hunting can be lots of fun. I hope to see some good feedback in the thread.

SharpEyeSam likes this.
  3. redpresto66

redpresto66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Strictly ground blinds. I don’t like heights and something about being eye level with the game makes it more challenging. Plus I can’t stay still that long so it hides my movement. Ha. Dress in all black and have at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Bgoes41

Bgoes41 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

5. Ryguy3684

Ryguy3684 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I still love my tree stands, but most of my time is spent in the blinds, since my son is hunting with me now. He needs a tripod for his crossbow, so the blind makes things easier. I do enjoy hunting from the ground. It's nice to mix things up.

SharpEyeSam likes this.
  6. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt from the ground some, usually in cover instead of a ground blind. If I leave ground blinds out too long, the bears will and have destroyed them. Only thing I don't like is not being able to see behind you very well, without moving too much.

SharpEyeSam likes this.
  7. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been doing more still hunting this year and I’ve had way more encounters. Haven’t had a shot at any shooter bucks, although I’ve seen two while still hunting, but a 5 yard stare down with two spikes will really get the blood pumping! I feel like the more I still hunt, the more I learn about what’s going on with a piece of property.