Heading to Washington from Midwest what am I forgetting?

Discussion in 'West' started by Wisconsin Buckwatch, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello, I'm going on my first Elk hunt in Washington for the rifle opener. We will be living in a spike camp with around 9 other hunters. I'm wondering what gear you think would be overlooked by most hunters for a trip like this? Also any advice for me or our group would be great. Thanks

Oldcarp likes this.
  2. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I saw this a little late. How did your hunt go.

3. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Im getting on a plane today I'll be hunting the modern firearm opener this that opens Saturday. Some of our party are already out there scouting should a good time. I'll keep you posted on this thread if I have any cell serviceb or when I get back.

Oldcarp likes this.
  4. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    The Hunt in Northeast Washington was a grind, We were on public land in the kohlville National Forest and paper company land. The terrain was not what I had expected as for as so think and hard to glass. All and all I didn't see one live elk on the trip. I did hike up 3 moutains, put on over 38 miles, and had a great experiance. I made many first timer mistakes including having to much in my pack. Everyday It got lighter and lighter. Tent camping in the low Teens for temps was a challenge, but I'm warm now. I would like to return someday to settle the score on an Elk, but probably not for a couple years. Amazing country and I was suprised how many Whitetail deer I saw. All the locals I talked were very nice!