Team 17 - Heptadecaphobia

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by Slugger, Aug 26, 2019.

1. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great job. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Lady Forge!! Great shot on a big doe!

4. PaBowhunter

PaBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome job Lady Forge!! Great story. Congrats...

5. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I haven't been active. I haven't been hunting much either. My son recently started having seizures so we've been trying to get that thing figured out.

Hopefully I'll start to get into the woods this week.

6. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im so sorry to hear about your son, just know we are praying for youre family.

7. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Prayers that you guys get something figured out soon.

8. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    I've been able to get out 2 times so far. Sit #1 I didn't see anything and sit #2 I saw 1 spike. Been seeing quite a few deer on their feet during the day while combining and cameras are starting to show much more daylight movement. We're nearing the end of corn harvest (~300 acres left) but still have to do all of our tillage, corn stalk bales and wean calves. Our gun season opens up here in MN on the 9th so hopefully i'll have a few days in there to get some time in the stand.

Good luck to all of you!

9. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    New shooter showed up on camera last night.

10. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm back guys. Been a fun month at sea. Hoping to be back in stand tomorrow. I have some reading to do but hope you all are well and giving the deer hell. I have the next 3 weeks off to make it happen.

11. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted most of yesterday with no luck. Had a bobcat run through and that's about it. Staying home today to spend time with the family. Back out hunting tomorrow afternoon. Good luck team!

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  12. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It’s cold out here ladies and gentlemen. Temps in the single digits are making it difficult to reach my normal stand locations because I sweat too much getting out. 45 min walk after parking including canoeing across a river doesn’t make it easy. It seems like the deer movement has really slowed down since last week in southern Wisconsin. The last few days I’ll try some more accessible areas I guess. It hasn’t been for a lack of effort though

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  13. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Our gun season opens here on Saturday. I'll be bringing the wife out some during the season so up in the air if I bring a gun or my bow.

My father in law passed away Tuesday night so I will likely be MIA as far as hunting goes here for a bit. Good luck everyone.

14. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    So sorry to hear about your father in law my prayers for your family.

Ive had a few great buck encounters on big shooters but havnt been able to seal the deal yet.
    I was ground hunting on public land here in illinois the night before last and had 2 hunters together walk in on me and then they were kind enough to leave after I waved at them, but they walked right thru the bedding area I was hoping some deer might come to me from there, so I decided to move and went to the river edge on the river bottom and sat in a dead fall. After I saw another hunter jumped a buck that ran out of the river bottom like a race horse my hopes for the nights hunt wernt very good. Until I got to watch plenty of action across the river on private land but it was still fun to watch and film. I filmed 2 bucks making scrapes and the big one rubbed some saplings and drank at the river , 2 does drink at the river and then get in a bit of a fight and the bigger buck trailing following the doe, along with some beautiful ducks in the river. Here is a link to the footage

15. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    Well my husband just texted me just killed a buck at 325pm :)

16. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    Here is a photo of my husband and his buck from yesterday afternoon, The buck was blind in his right eye Louie Fudog Buck Nov 8 2019 crop.jpg

17. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck. Congrats to your husband!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    I Got Antlers & points for our team .... WOOOO HOOOO. I shot him at 3:00pm at 45 yards while he was chasing a hot doe. Okay so it was a really rough 1.45 hour drag out across the river, across the creek and up a really steep levee but we finally got him out. We will get photos in the morning. But for now here are a few photos we have of him.

Attached Files:

19. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Wow nice!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

20. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    Okay Team we got out this morning in the yard before the snow comes in and took some photos of my buck from yesterday.
    I was on Illinois Department of natural resources public hunting land. I choose to do a ground hunt in my leafy camo. So I had a favorite spot sitting on a log next to a giant tree and a bunch of cover in front of me ( Same spot I shot my doe at this year ) It was kinda warm so my hopes wernt real high but just before 3 pm I see a doe running and she has 2 bucks chasing her, they finally made it my way and I was able to bleat to stop my buck at 45 yards ( the area was wide open except just a few twigs ) I hit him and he spun and was running for the river and I could see his whole side was covered in blood. So he went down the river bank and disapeared in the water. So I keep watching the opposite side of the top of the river bank and he never made it out of the river , after hearing alot of spashing in the water and then it suddenly stopped my fears kicked in ( I was thinking what if he sinks in the river or gets washed down stream) Ive seen a friend of mine lose a buck because it sunk in the river. So I rushed to the river bank and spotted on the other side of the river my buck dead laying half in and half out of the water. The river were my buck went in is deep and icey cold so there was no way to get him from my side of the river. We were able to get him on the other side of the river but it took 1 3/4 hours to get him out last night.
    I scored him this morning and to my suprise he scored 167 1/8,
    I really thought maybe 150 but am pleasenty suprised by the score ! Deb idnr River buck 5.jpg Deb idnr River buck 6.jpg Deb idnr River buck 2.jpg Deb idnr River buck 2.jpg Deb idnr River buck 6.jpg