Scent control

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by oldnotdead, Oct 4, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh boy that can be a touchy subject.
    Hey I'm in hill country it's the pits! So I don't bother being too crazy about it but scent free laundry ,clothes left on covered porch, and scent free shower. Which brings me to the subject. Oh man this is delicate.. blow drying your hair. OK ,ok, some have more than others, and some should be blow drying their backs and ears. Though I digress. . Hair, man the great scent catcher. It's nothing more than a rope of dead scales, each of those scales is a scent particle catcher. They collect oils and dust, just smell a wet dog . So blow drying for a person with long hair in northern seasons is important but for everyone. Wet hair collects things better than dry.
    So that point made. How to dry it though. Well rubbing it up good with your regular bath towels just Transfer dryer sheet scent and how do you use your hair dryer? Where does the air your forcing into those collection scale come from? Your house !. Open up that bathroom window and point the back of your dryer towards the screen. Use the out side air to dry your hair. Ha,ha,ha All that to get to the last sentence. I'm bored . So now you are too..lol

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My hair is short 1/4" on the sides, 1/2" on top, costs me a fortune to have the gray highlights put in.

3. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well Old, that's a great subject.
    Being super dry before dressing is a HUGE goal of mine!.

I've had my head stuck out the truck window many times over the years while driving to make sure my hair is dry.

And I'll say it before Fletch/ Sota chime in.
    Not up my ass. Sorry guys to ruin a ," moment," for you:wave:

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. Bange23

Bange23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

5. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just jump out of the shower and dry off completely on the way to the stand then i get dressed. I just leave all my stuff hanging by my tree stand so it stays smelling of woods. just make sure you get gas before hand or you may catch some unwanted glances in the nude.

6. Anthony2991

Anthony2991 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Before I cut my hair off I just rolled with it, walked straight to the stand with damp hair. In theory if they are downwind it'll all work out.