Spypoint customer service reviews/experiences

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JHasty, Oct 16, 2019.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys been playing with the idea of getting another cellular camera. I had originally purchased the Moultrie XA-7000i but returned it because I could not get it to get enough modem strength to send pics. I have been looking at the Spypoint micro and I was trying to see if anyone had any experience with Spypoints customer service when having issues with their cameras. I have seen both good and bad reviews. I have seen some praising the customer service and some saying it is some of the worst they have ever experienced so I was wanting to get some honest reviews pertaining to customer service before I make the commitment to go with that brand. Thanks in advance!

2. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use Spartan gocams. You don't need customer service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

justinwmoe88 and JHasty like this.
  3. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the advise/info bowhtr1. Ill def go to their site and check them out.

4. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the spypoint micro and have had zero problems requiring me to call CS. I have noticed that I do have better cell service on the camera that on my actual cell phone, though. I do also have a Spypoint XCEL camera with all of the mounts. I did have to call CS with a question on battery life for that but they were pleasant and easy to work with. They answered my questions (albeit not what I wanted to hear) but that is not the rep’s fault.

JHasty likes this.
  5. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are more expensive but you can also get videos on your phone. I set mine for pictures and if I see something I like I request a video. I get the video on the next trigger or update. Also on all cell cams you will need an external battery to make it last. I make mine for about 30 bucks each.

JHasty likes this.
  6. LauraKenn

LauraKenn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

JHasty likes this.
  7. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    beavertronic where do you have yours set up. Wooded area, edge of open field/food plot, etc...? I could not get my Moultrie camera to get enough modem strength to send pics and I had it over looking my feeder in a wooded area but it was not a super thick area. I had LTE service on both my AT&T and Verizon cell phone standing next to the tree I had the camera on. I also checked Moultries site and according to the coverage map I should have had good enough coverage for the camera to work. That's the only reason I am skeptical about cellular camera's

8. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your cell cam was att? I remember having all kinds of issues when I had Covert cell cams. The att signals seemed ok with a phone but would not work consistantly with the camera. I even bought a yagi antenna with special cable to mount it 20 ft up a tree. I had to aim it at the tower, which was a total guess. Still not dependable. Covert blamed att, att blamed covert. When I switched to Spartan gocams with Verizon it was great. I can go to the lowest spot on my property mount my cams anywhere turn them on and walk away. I swore i would never have anything att or Covert after that.

9. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They have a nationwide camera (which I believe is att) and a Verizon camera (-V) as listed on their website.

My camera is in a wooded area along a frequently used travel route. I currently have 4/5 bars which is better than my cell phone gets.

JHasty likes this.