Cowboys

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stephen A Smith says” if it can wrong with cowboys then it will go wrong” I agree unfortunately

2. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dak takes a lot of sacks on his own. Dak deserves zero credit. He sucks! What QB made is without weapons? Tom Brady? I don't think he's ever had a running game or elite receiver aside from Moss and Gronk. I could name a dozen that have "made it" without having weapons. Bottom line is the Cowboys are loaded on paper and they suck. There is a reason for that.

3. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    well I will say it...they are not! 24-0 at this point? geez

4. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is that why he has the 2nd most wins of any quarterback in the league? Tied for the most comeback wins? Most rushing touchdowns since enterting the league?

Brady doesn't have weapons? He just happens to play in the greatest system (with the greatest coach) in NFL history and he has had several weapons over the years with Edleman, Deion Branch, Wes Welker, Gronk. Didn't Drew Brees have a few bad years before the pick-up of Michael Thomas? How did big Ben do the first few games of the season without Antonio Brown? Has Detroit even been a threat since losing Calvin Johnson? Did you see Russell Wilson's numbers in his first four years?

Dak has better numbers than over half of the "elite" quarterbacks in the league. Dallas' biggest problem is coaching, not quarterback.

5. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    Turnovers killed them. Cooper should have had that first one and if he would have hung on, he scores and this may be a different ballgame, but four turnovers in one game is enough to destroy anyone. With that being said, the fact that they lost the turnover battle 0-4 and was a missed field goal away from being a one touchdown game is pretty incredible. Just imagine had the referees actually called that PI when King harassed Gallup into that interception and the Packers converted it to a field goal. Overall, poor game except for the last quarter.

6. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    you CAN'T turn the bal lover 4 times in NFL and win...Dak had a lot of good things going on but we will remember the 3 INTs....

7. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep.... that's a Super Bowl QB. Very impressive.

8. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Edleman, Branch, Welker? Really? No Brees didn't have a few bad years. Michael Thomas didn't win them a Super Bowl. Big Ben and the Steelers have always been a threat. Dak has decent numbers when he plays teams like the Miami Dolphins. And yes the Patriots system is great. That's why I said Garrett should have been fired 4 years ago. He sucks. Dak sucks. I like the guy, but they go no place with him. According to your own theory they should be rolling people. What else can you surround the guy with? Great line, best RB, a #1 WR, #2 WR, #3 WR good TE great defense. Sooooooo what is the problem?

9. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    You mean the same offensive line that hasn't been healthy since 2016? Travis Frederick missed a whole season last year, Connor Williams was an undersized rookie, La'el Collins didn't start playing well until this year and Zack Martin played banged up all year as did Tyron Smith and they STILL won 10 games. A running back cannot give you the 2nd best record in the NFL over a three year period.

You're also forgetting he just got a WR1 when they acquired Cooper last season and since then he's 14-4. Lets face it, Dez was a WR2 when Dak came into the league and they didn't even have a solid WR2 until this season when Michael Gallup started to play well. And while Amari is an exceptional route runner, he is nowhere close to the level that Michael Gallup is.

Great defense? That defense couldn't stop a nose bleed on the ground.

Brees didn't have a few bad years? They have had six seasons under .500 in the Brees/Payton era. Rodgers has won one super bowl and is probably the greatest talent ever at the position. Ben has won two super bowls and he has had multiple elite wideouts, a HOF coach, best back in the league, best offensive line in the AFC, a defense that has been top 5 in the league league in sacks multiple years.

I love the Cowboys, but their defense is extremely overrated and offense is entirely inconsistent. Dak is inconsistent too, but he's not a bad quarterback. He's not Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc.... but he doesn't have to be.

Do you remember what Brandon Weeden, Kellen Moore or Matt Cassell did behind that phenomenal offensive line and group of wide receivers? Yeah, 3 solid wins between them the entire year.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  11. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, but the first interception should have been caught by Cooper and if he did hang onto it, it was a for sure touchdown.

The pick by King against Gallup should have clearly been defensive PI, I mean just watch the play and you'll see what I mean.

The third pick was entirely on him.

I think it's Garrett man. I think Dak is a work in progress, but Garrett has had too much time.

12. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately, it certainly seems that way in big moments.

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Your problem does not lie with the Headcoach......

The owner needs to give up GM duties, only then will they go somewhere. As a Cowboys root againster, kinda hope Jerry keeps being Jerry :lol:

cantexian and MUDSHARK like this.
  14. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    That's the problem. The head coach is a puppet that cares more about making the owner happy than he does winning football games. Its okay to lose, as long as it's not due to something coaching related - over aggression, going for it on fourth down, blitzing and leaving men open, etc.

Jerry needs to know his role and hire an actual head coach.

15. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    .[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Swamp Stalker, cantexian and MUDSHARK like this.
  16. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  17. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    upload_2019-10-9_8-23-8.jpeg

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  19. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    You guys have more Cowboys memes than AOC memes.

20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    5c19ca42bf2f67245beaffd5fd287908b578f50f11dcda35d58e20602def025d.jpg

FB_IMG_1571103623998.jpg

cantexian and Swamp Stalker like this.