What’s the longest you’ve been?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Sep 29, 2019.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am on a pretty good streak right now. My last buck harvest was two years ago in Oklahoma.

I'm on my 5th bow season in general, and have gotten two bucks in 3 years (2016 & 2017) in Oklahoma.

My lease here in East Texas, I have never harvested a buck in 4 consecutive seasons. Have seen some, and put in PLENTY of time, but I have never had the opportunity to even draw back on one. I might cry the day I get one here on my Tx lease lol. THIS IS MY YEAR!

2. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    4 or 5 yrs has been my longest. streak with out a buck, however i have tagged a buck the last 2 years.

i have shot a doe the last 10 years with my bow

3. nmaineron

nmaineron Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just seeing a buck would make my season!

4. HillviewHuntClub

HillviewHuntClub Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree seeing a buck here in NH would be awesome. I’ve hunted since I was 10-11 I am 20 now and I have never shot a buck in NH. I do hunt in Illinois but I haven’t shot a buck there since 2017

Hillview Hunt Club

5. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I killed a good buck in 2012 and then went until 2017 with no bucks harvested. EHD got the farm I hunt pretty hard in 2013 and it took some time to rebound, and I was too stubborn to adapt and go find deer elsewhere. I’ve been fortunate enough the last 2 years to take 4 bucks, 3 making P&Y minimum and the 4th just missing it.

I refuse to fall into the same type of rut again. It almost became a regurgitation of the same hunt day after day during that timeframe and a bit of the fire for bowhunting left me in there. Find new areas, new tactics, heck maybe even a new state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    that's darn impressive man!! i have bucks/deer where I hunt, i just plain suck these days!

7. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No deer, buck or doe, from 1989-ish til 2006...no joke....was seriously thinking about hanging it up but figured I'd give it one more season and have been fortunate to have opportunities every season since 2006. Keep the faith kids, it does pay off!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cantexian and Vabowman like this.
  8. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's dedication my friend. I commend you for not giving up. My main focus these days is to get oldest boy a shot. I have had my fun and will continue to have fun scouting and hunting with him!

Junior likes this.
  9. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got completely skunked in 2018. In 2017, I killed a buck that took two days to recover. I finally found it after the vultures and coyotes got to it first. So far in this year, I have failed to recover a doe, even after hiring a tracking dog and tracking it across property boundaries and almost over 800 yards. Doe or buck, I am ready to watch one drop in sight again.

Junior and Vabowman like this.