Cowboys

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are my boys legit?

2. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We'll see after they play my Packers.

Vabowman likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cowboys are the same legit cowboys that they have been for the last 21 seasons.

Lester, Vabowman and cantexian like this.
  4. Between2Bluffs

Between2Bluffs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are an ok regular season team. Let's just leave it at that.

Vabowman and Berwickbuckmaster like this.
  5. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And thus why I refer to them as the Chokeboys.

MUDSHARK and Vabowman like this.
  6. Between2Bluffs

Dislikes Received:
    I do think they beat the packers Sunday though.

7. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Depends on what "LEGIT" means!

8. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    LOL! are they a playoff team..can they get to the playoffs? I was embarrassed the other night. Zeke sat out for 100 million and he couldn't but 35 yds... smh

9. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Man I don't know.. seems rodgers has their number.. he's 6-2 against the boys.. Dak will be the key.

10. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How can any team that has Garrett as the head coach be legit :evilgrin:

11. Between2Bluffs

Dislikes Received:
    I think Zeke will be the key. The packers run defense terrible. I think Zeke has well over 100yds.

12. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Of course they are. It seems like the only team never allowed to lose is the Cowboys. New England, Green Bay, Philadelphia, etc. loses a game and it's a "bad game" but Dallas loses and they are frauds and everything they did right prior is suddenly overlooked.

It's hard to win games in that dome. All offensive communication is cut very short. The coaching on the cowboys part was awful. They suddenly neglected big plays, play action, quarterback options, etc. that they used as part of a 3-0 start and went back to handing the ball to Zeke in obvious situations and continued to stubbornly try to force the run and short completions.

The Green Bay game will be a huge test as AR12 has made AT&T stadium his home, but if they fall back to back games with good opponents I think it's a strong indicator that they may be above average, but not "elite". Then again, a lot of teams don't really find their rhythm until late in the year anyway.

I'm a big Cowboys fan too btw. I don't think they will be in the super bowl, but I do think they have a really good chance at the playoffs and making it back to the divisional round to lose to someone like LA, GB, NO, etc.

Vabowman likes this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Green Bay game will be a huge test as AR12 has made AT&T stadium his home, but if they fall back to back games with good opponents I think it's a strong indicator that they may be above average, but not "elite". Then again, a lot of teams don't really find their rhythm until late in the year anyway.

AR12? Have you watched him play the last 2 seasons? Packers need to get serious about drafting a QB next April. He still thinks he is elite he has the diva attitude yet does not perform at a level that warrants the attitude. The 4 straight passes including the game ending int is squarely on his shoulders.

Lester likes this.
  14. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    He certainly isn't what he was, but then again none of us are! I am not a fan of AR, I think he's cocky but he has been great over the years.

15. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So close but so far away. Garrett needed to go a couple years ago. They will go no place as long as he is the head coach. The young OC has already shown he is in for a longer road than thought. He may eventually be a good one, but there are going to bumps in the road (see Saints game). And finally I am not a Dak fan at all. I have no idea what the hysteria is all about. What has he done? I think he is a legit starting QB in the NFL. But imo he is a middle of the pack or lower kind of QB. He is not going to win them a Super Bowl. He is doing ok behind the best offensive line, one of the best running backs, a true #1, #2 , #3 recievers and a veteran TE. Hell I might be able to make win the division. They certainly have the talent to be very legit, but it starts with the head coach (sucks) and QB (average at best). Far from a Brady/Belichick combination.

cantexian and MUDSHARK like this.
  16. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    I know I often stand alone on this, but I think AR12 is still a very, very dangerous quarterback. He is comfortable at AT&T Stadium also which makes him even more dangerous. I agree that the four straight passes lands on him and his ego, but I feel like he is still a huge test for the Cowboys. He is 6-2 against them all time and has showed twice since 2016 that he is capable of putting them down late in games.

I agree with the poster above that JG should go. Way too conservative football being played at the wrong times. It's more often that JG plays not to lose, rather than plays to win. They underestimate opponents way too much. The talent on the field carries the coaching staff at times. I'm hoping that Kris Richard & Kellen Moore brings us more aggressiveness on both sides.

17. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    You do realize that best offensive line was close to league lead in sacks last season right? They were without Travis Frederick, Connor Williams was a rookie, Tyron Smith was banged up and Zack Martin was banged up. Dak doesn't get enough credit. No, he's not Tom Brady, but he can win them a super bowl. You can't knock him for having weapons. What quarterback has ever made it without weapons?

18. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    I love Dallas as much as anyone and they'll always be my team, but man it's really hard to argue with that. It seems like it's the name they've given themselves over the years.

cantexian likes this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Packers do have a better chance of winning at Jerry's place than the Twins do in NY.

20. BowCommander

Dislikes Received:
    I agree