Stealth Cam Wireless possibly stolen?

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Ramsey Mattison, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Ramsey Mattison

Ramsey Mattison Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a new Stealth Cam wireless camera a little over a month ago. It has worked great until today, I have my camera set to upload pics twice a day at 9 and 9 along with a test photo at both times. This morning I received all my deer pics and test pic like normal, tonight at 9 when it uploaded there was only 1 pic that came threw and it was at 2:42 PM but only showed my feeder and what’s out in front of it... I receive deer photos every evening so it’s highly unlikely for some reason 0 deer showed up, along with that the test photo never came threw. The app says my battery power is still around 100% and my signal strength is 3 bars which is normal. I’m 2 hrs away from where I hunt but will be going there tomorrow after work. Any opinions on if I will show up and my camera is gone or is there a possibility something went wrong with the camera? Thanks

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's always the first feeling I get when I don't get pics on a regular basis from my cell cams. Do you keep your cam in a security box and secured with a lock? If so, it's likely not stolen. Hopefully it's just not getting any action. It's a real hassle when the camera is so far away and it takes so much effort to retrieve it. Mine are 3 hours from me and I've had the same situation. Hopefully it works out for you.

Blessings...........Pastorjim

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ramsey Mattison likes this.
  3. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had the same feeling many times. When I had Covert cams they would go on strike often and scare me. I'm only 15 minutes away from mine but the feeling are the same. My Spartan cams don't do that and when they do I can see its when the battery level is low so I don't panic. I can't tell you how many times I've rushed out to my property to find my cams still there. It could be some one stealing it but if they turn it back on it should start working again. It's more than likely the batteries, I don't trust some battery life indicators. My Spartan battery life indicators seem to be good. My Reconyx not so much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ramsey Mattison likes this.
  4. Ramsey Mattison

Ramsey Mattison Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately it is not in a security box or locked, never had any problems in 3 years and have never even had anyone go into where I hunt... pretty dumb on my part anyway knowing you can’t trust many people these days... thanks for the input though!

5. Ramsey Mattison

Ramsey Mattison Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I really hope it is the batteries I will know here in awhile, I wish these wireless cameras would let you know when a camera has been turned off that would help a lot... thanks for the reply!

6. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How many pics a day are you getting? What kind of batteries do you have?

Lithium will never show a low level, they just die. And regular batteries usually only last a month for me in mine. I’m now using the HME battery box with solar panel on all of them and they will let about 6 months.

pastorjim08 likes this.
  7. Ramsey Mattison

Ramsey Mattison Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anywhere from 100-400 a day, a little over 3500 in the past month... and yes I am using lithium batteries, I thought it was very odd the battery level never has gone down on the camera. This could explain the problem HOPEFULLY! Thanks

8. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    I would say this is definitely your problem. Matt is right, the lithiums don't show a level. They are either full or dead. I was getting about 2.5 months out of a setr on my stealth cam GXW and then I got a battery box with a solar panel. Now I get close to seven months out of it. The battery box with solar panel sells for about $50, well worth it for sure. The brand to look for is HME. The battery box and solar panel are all one unit. Here's the link to the unit I described.

https://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Cam-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=59RWAAMRBZK04F69GYE9

mflora98ss likes this.
  9. Ramsey Mattison

Ramsey Mattison Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That doesn’t include also around 40 videos it took as well.... yeah I’m going to definitely look into the battery box it’s good to know now those lithium’s don’t show the battery life going down. I appreciate it! I will know for sure when I head up there to hunt after work, I will post an update!

10. Ramsey Mattison

Ramsey Mattison Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Replaced the batteries and everything is working good again... thanks for all the help!

bowhtr1 and pastorjim08 like this.
  11. Dennis Goyette

Dennis Goyette Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any update on this?

12. Ramsey Mattison

Ramsey Mattison Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I posted yesterday everything was good... camera was not stolen thank goodness but the batteries were dead even though the camera showed it was at full power, replaced batteries and it’s working fine. Never knew that about lithium batteries, I appreciate all the help!

13. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Learned something about lithium batteries. I have Ryobi tools with the 18V Li batteries- they go and go and boom! They stop.

14. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not to hijack this thread but I just put out the HME Battery Box with solar panel, were you able to recharge your battery after 7 months or did you have to replace it with a new battery?

15. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    Yes you can recharge it. It comes with a charger.

16. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot about that, thanks!