Chick-Fil-A

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Germ, Sep 18, 2019.

1. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Family of 6 here. At least $40 no matter what fast food place we go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantexian likes this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For hundreds of miles there is only 2 for me. Both are so busy I have only had it once but it was great. Their sauce is just awesome Screenshot_20190918-164823.jpeg

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    By paying more, they can be much more selective of the employees they hire. We've had a franchise owner come in and talk to our leadership group about their business style. They are very particular about the type of person they hire. They believe that attitude is everything and in that industry they are correct. They pay more, so they get the pick of the litter if you will. Then they preach customer service, manners and respect for the customer.

For me, they have a great business model, I'm just not that big of a fan of their food. In all reality, it's just another chicken sandwich. Customer's aren't going back because of the food as much as they are for the environment and the way they are treated.

4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm comparing it to a local grilled chicken sandwich joint that for a couple of dollars less you get a bigger sandwich that fills you up. I couldn't tell you how much anything costs at McDonalds or any other fast food joint bc never eat at them.

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like their spicy chicken sandwich with everything on it. Dont eat them much but when I do I always buy two. Ha. Great employees and super respectful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ash d likes this.
  6. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We have one in town and they are building another. Go by at lunch time and look at the lines. They have real people in the drive thru lane to speed up the orders. Got hooked on the grilled chicken bites with Polynesian dip. Why do they make money? Because of the high volume of business. McDonald's is a short distance away and the lines are tiny compared to CFA.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    See, that's the part a lot of people do not see. I don't go to fast food joints to dine in, the only times I have were highschool or younger, aside from a hunt about 5 years ago I went to Hardees and used the chitter and grabbed lunch inside, but I was given my food at the counter and a tray to be placed on the top of the trash can after dumping my litter within. If I seen an employee on the floor I only hoped not to slip on the mopped floor or have the windex mist spread over my food.

I'll give them credit on the drive thru though. Two of the three times I used them they had a couple employees at each of the two order lanes with POS pads taking orders for customers not at the speaker/mic ordering with full menu display. Both times neither had a handheld menu nor digital on their digital device. Had to order from the hip.

If you want to be about service, by all means do so, but get rid of the drive thru ordering and make it call ahead with a pick up window. Otherwise I won't wait for a table with a drive through service.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They offer any option to order direct from their app and pick up through the drive through.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't do the app ordering either :lol:

Big order I will call ahead, rarely have that. Normal order I'll take my chances on ordering 30 feet from the window to get fresh food.

I always order extra this or sans that, back in the day that meant fresh cooked whether frozen or not. Now fast food joints have warmer drawers with meats on hold ready to slap your creation of choice together. Or they have a premade and deconstruct it by trying to wipe off the unwanted. Have ordered a chicken sandwhich elsewhere, not tomato, and when I check for tomato before the first bite can see tomato seeds left behind.

Chik Fil-A may differ, but when I see a drive thru with the menu and microphone stand for ordering I don't hold out hope for made to order, even if dining in.

10. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I also think they are overrated in the food department. I just don't get the obsession with their sandwiches. However their customer service is beyond reproach as is their lemonade. Their grilled chicken salads are also very good- lots of meat compared to other fast food places.

There's a chain place here in metro Chicago called The Patio and their chicken sandwhiches are twice as meaty as anything Chik-fil-a sells.

11. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My wife loves it. I think it’s ok. Never really liked the whole just a couple pickles on them but the spicy with the extras are good. I do enjoy the waffle fries in the fil-a sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

12. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never set foot in one. Havent done fast food in years and dont plan on starting to again.

Artem256 likes this.
  13. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I’m a bit salt sensitive because my blood pressure is getting high. I love chic filet but I gotta say it’s salty.

Artem256 likes this.
  14. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What does chic-fl-a and Antonio Brown have in common....................................................

THEY BOTH DON'T WORK ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  16. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice socks

bowhunt4abuck likes this.