Chick-Fil-A

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Germ, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why they are the only "fast food" place that gets's my business, not sure how they make money:fro:

upload_2019-9-18_10-0-26.png

Attached Files:

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have had Chick-fil-A once, in the airport at MSP, we don't have them here in Minnesota. Their grilled chicken sandwich is good though.

ash d likes this.
  3. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are a number of them in MN and they've been here for quite a few years.
    https://www.chick-fil-a.com/locations/browse/mn

As to the wages of what is historically classified as "unskilled labor", I'm a bit mixed on it. I think it's good they can earn it. But, this also sucks for fields where people go through intensive training for a year or more, and make less than a food handler.

These kinds of jobs are meant for students, stay at home parents who can work limited number of hours while their children are in school, etc. People start working in these jobs, then move up to other more skilled and higher wage jobs.

Eddie234 likes this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Those are all locations that I do not consider places I would go to, I avoid the 694-494 loop if at all possible, and do not do fast food.

5. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Deny, deny, deny. You seem pretty good at it.

You stated there wasn't any in MN, to which I kindly showed you that there were quite a few. Now, you're claiming that they are places you won't go because they're inside the loop. Did you even look at the list because there's a few of them that aren't anywhere near the loop.

But, hey, believe what you want.

6. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Too salty for my taste

mikey custom-g likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ok there are Chicks in Minnesota none in the area of my usual travels, I am not going to search out a fast food restaurant. Feel better now?

WillO likes this.
  8. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not about my feelings, you're the one who seems to hate being corrected when proven wrong. Which, you then have to deflect instead of admitting.

Anyway, have a good day. Unless you continue to rant and grumble in the rant thread. Which, it's on you then to have a ****ty day.

9. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We still talking about chicken sandwiches? Or do y'all need to continue pissing

10. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Meh.. overpriced for what it is.

Artem256 and sheddinva like this.
  11. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I love all things Chick Fil A. Their spicy sandwich and waffle fries are the bomb.

buckeye, LittleChief, ash d and 3 others like this.
  12. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I believe the company makes money by volume of sales. They have friendly customer service unlike most other places. They are always busy but the line moves quickly. These are all factors on more sales that keeps people coming back. They are also closed on Sunday’s but still make more money than competitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUDSHARK, ash d and cantexian like this.
  13. HillviewHuntClub

HillviewHuntClub Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love Chick Fil A was basically a daily thing when my wife and I went on our honey moon. We love it. I agree with Justin the spicy sandwich and waffle fries are my go to.

Hillview Hunt Club

ash d likes this.
  14. Between2Bluffs

Between2Bluffs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never had it, but would like to try. Hard to believe anyone but managers are making $16.50/hr though, but if they are good for them.

15. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Years ago, when Atlanta got hit with a couple inches of snow and shut down the city, they were sending people down onto the streets and highways to hand out food for stuck travellers.

My favourite thing is that they have a stand in the Mercedes-Benz stadium and they are closed on Sundays.

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a....-there-a-chick-fil-a-in-mercedes-benz-stadium

16. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if your talking overpriced specially when feeding a Family of 4 all Fast Foods are Overpriced then..Mcdonalds included

17. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After hearing how great it was I finally ate at one a few months ago. I wasn’t impressed at all. The chicken sandwich reminded me of a McChicken but more expensive. I don’t see myself going out of my way again to eat there.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

18. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The chocolate cookies though...those are the only reason I ever go in there. I'm not afraid to go through the drive through for breakfast and only order cookies either

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've never understood the rage. Had one here years ago and I never ate there, then everyone complained when they left. They brought one back 2-3 years ago and people camped in the parking lot 36 hours before the grand opening.

Figured with all the hype I had heard when they left and then all the excitement when they announced they were coming back I had to try it. I waited a couple months for the newness to wear off.

I've been there 3 times now, spicy chicken sandwhich twice, and tenders the other, both with cheese fries, which they don't sell cheese fries but you can order a side of cheese sauce, WTF?

It was OK, I wasn't in a rush to go back. If I want chicken I go to Popeyes, and even their "new" chicken sandwhich is overhyped. They've always had it, it was just called a Po'Boy. Change it from a hoagie to a bun, use a single patty rather than a few tenders and it is something completely different?

Anyhow, get the 2 piece to 2 side special, spicy with 2 breast($1 upcharge) mashed potato and green bean and a some blackened ranch dipping sauce and a drink. Under $10 and beats the heck out of anything I've had from Chik Fil-A.

I even prefer BK's spicy chicken over Fil-A's.

20. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like all drive-thrus, the food is not as good as most sit down restaurants with servers. But, in comparison it is much better the most fast food places. The stand out quality is the staffing and customer service. A well-trained dog could run a McDonalds'. At Chick-Fil-A real people treat you like you are a real person deserving of courtesy and respect. The orders are rarely wrong, and when they are, the orders are quickly corrected with a genuine apology. Because of the quality of training in customer service, I wouldn't hesitate to let me kids work there once they are teenagers. I wouldn't want them working at any other fast food place. Chick-Fil-A is so popular because of the atmosphere and quality of the staff; that makes the food better. And, yes they profit on volume sales.

ash d likes this.