Trail Cam Talk

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mikey custom-g, Aug 25, 2019.

1. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve bought and used my share of cams over the years. I just bought a Spypoint Micro Link for $116 on eBay brand new on the recommendation of a friend I take hunting.

It’s a no cell carrier specific unit and all you need is a smart phone. Go to your phones App Store and download the free “App”. Follow the simple set up using the assigned numbers to the unit and your done. Hardest part is reading the numbers @ 60 years old.

I set it up yesterday and since then, about 24 hours, I got 95 pictures. It is under a corn feeder so that’s why the increase.

I now can study “times” animals arrive. I’ve already in 24 hours notice time patterns of turkey, doe, boar hogs, even crows !!

This is going to be a good tool for the time I set aside to sit in the stand. My intention is to move it to a new stand feeder area each week to figure “hot” times.

This unit is small blends in well on oak trees. Has no subscription or activation fees but limits you to 100 pics a month. For $10 a month,$120 a year, I can get unlimited pics. All pics are hosted on the cloud to their App. You get a text message and by clicking it, brings you to the app that opens automatically if you remember to click the “remember me” box. Instantly updates and down loads your pic with time date etc.

Takes about 2 minutes for me to get the text to view. Great little toy. I recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWitt and blackbear like this.
  2. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:
    Just now lol

[​IMG]

3. Christie Handlon

Christie Handlon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My camera not taking pictures: It takes one picture and then no more after that: SD card formatted, have went thru activation steps throughly: Not sure what else to do, does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be

mikey custom-g likes this.
  4. DWitt

DWitt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If it's a carrier wireless camera, check the signal strength. If it doesn't have signal, it can't upload the photos. If it isn't a wireless camera then most cameras have a test built into it to make sure it is picking up motion. Usually indicated with light so you can tell when you move that it is picking your motion up. Different cameras has different range so using the test, you should be able to determine how far it can accurately pick up motion.

5. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:

First glitch I’ve found is, I have to reboot my phone here and there.

Whenever I’m not getting pictures, I reboot my iPhone and all is good.

Signal strength is key indeed. Go to the “status” and all you vital stats are there. I’m @3 signal strength @ this stand. Last stand was 1-2 but it worked fine.