The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, Wally World is the place I have the most issues with and was thinking of when I posted. But, depending who the officer is on duty, he'll get out of the engine and chew them a new ******* for parking there and they aren't loading. Sucks coming down the lane for a call and some dumbarse is parked there.

I don't agree with them parking on the sidewalk where it's common for people to walk all the time. But, I have zero issues if they park in an out of the way area where there's very minimal foot traffic. Depending on the city, they may decide to enforce a "no MC parking" on the side walk. But, in many places where parking is a premium, there's a number of companies who have allowed motorcycles to part on a large sidewalk so long as the riders are respectful.

There's a few benefits to this:

1) It frees up a parking spot that a car could otherwise use.
    2) Because sidestands can sink into hot asphault, it helps avoid damage to parking lots as well as bikes which have tipped over
    3) It also prevents people from pulling into parking spots where a MC is because they didn't see it, causing damage
    4) Theft

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Court. Being in court. Hell

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Around here the fire department plays the long game. If they respond to a fire and there is a car parked in the fire lane they'll knock out the side windows and run the hoses right through the car, even if it means they got move the hoses further to do it. A photo of that ended up in the newspaper a few years back and now nobody around here ever parks in the fire lane.

4. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's why I don't do crap to help anybody unless know them. Sure I get called ass all the time as drive by but that's too bad. Pretty bad actually thinking bout it seeing as live in pretty rual area. But few weeks ago we just had 4 idiots running all over the county breaking into places and stealing stuff. Few were armed robberies, at least one while ppl were home and they tied them up and held gun on them while stealing stuff. Probably second or third time area as been hit like that in past few years. There will be a string of robberies, then they'll get caught and some other idiots will try it. This last time even had sherriff stop by and warn me to keep stuff locked up.

Artem256 and Sota like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly why the judge is on my hip when I am home for coyotes and vermin 2 or 4 legged.

Artem256 likes this.
  6. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

LOL. But it IS a hell you signed up for.

virginiashadow likes this.
  7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. Yes I did. Ok. Then its not normally scheduled court. Its day court 3 times during your work week when you get off at 7am only to stay up til noon or beyond. Ha

8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Night shift-what a joy. Been there

9. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love it when a vegan says it tastes like real meat, how the hell would they know?

GregH, Artem256 and arrowflinger1 like this.
  11. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday I received a "FINAL ORDER OF LIABILITY" from the Illinois Tollway in the amount of over $700 in unpaid tolls and penalties from March-June 2019.

So this AM, I have a couple cups of coffee to steel my nerves and called the 1-800#. I navigate the automated prompts and get a real person, who sounds pleasant enough. I give the lady my account info, as well as informing her that in March I had already updated my autopay info (credit card on file had expired) when I changed my vehicle/plate information, and had taken care of any delinquent tolls at that time, they had already waived the penalties on that date, and that any after tolls posted after that date should have been charged to my account which had a positive balance going forward.

She looks up my account and says "no, in March you only updated your plate and vehicle information. You updated your credit card and cleared those associated toll violations and fines on July 5th." Pregnant pause...then :

Me: "Oh, OK, my mistake. But you can see that I paid all those March-June tolls on July 5th, correct? (meanwhile I am logging in to Chase to confirm date of transaction.)

Lady: "That's what I said."

Me: "If you can see that I paid my March-June tolls in July, then why the hell am I getting a "final order of liability" for March-June tolls in September?" (Logged in to Chase - July 5, transaction posted.)

Lady: "I don't know. Would you like to use your account balance to pay the tolls, and I'll waive the penalties as a courtesy?"

Me: "No, I already paid the tolls in July. You told me that it's on my file. My credit card statement indicates that. I don't need to use my current account balance today for tolls that I've already paid."

Lady: "Ok, well then there's still the matter of the penalties."

Me: "Penalties for what? I've already paid, I have records proving I already paid, and you already told me you can see that I paid them in July."

Lady: "But not the penalties. If you pay the tolls from March - June with your current positive account balance of $36 or a valid credit/debit card today, we will waive the penalties."

Me, turning purple, but very calm and clearly: "Put this in your file- Account holder says "Eat a bowl of ****. SUE ME."

Hang up.

Is 0930 too early to start drinking?

Page and Artem256 like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    FIB problems.:biggrin:

13. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    valid point...but pretty sure any EZpass holder would have same issue.

Artem256 likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Two reasons I dislike Chicago and Orlando, tolls.

Tiny_MN and Artem256 like this.
  15. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

You can't drink all day if you don't start first thing in the morning!

16. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    we could be friends.

17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    then you would HATE Dallas.

cantexian likes this.
  18. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    axtell343 and dnoodles like this.
  19. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Probably just someone open carrying that had a brain fart and went in to do some banking and forgot he was wearing it. Then a customer freaks out and calls the cops, the cops freak out, the news freaks out and says silly things like, "not sure if anyone was hurt". When the cops showed up the guy was probably like, "Wha-oh crap, I'm wearing my gun in a bank...". Complies and there was no real threat.
    That's how I read that one anyway.

20. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    When I posted that it was just a live helicopter feed of it and didn't have any article to go with it. The local paper put out an update quoting the mayor and her accounting was completely different than what wral is saying. She said that a guy came in and told everybody except the manager to leave the building. Not sure which version is correct, just have to wait and see.
    I do kind of doubt they would've had that kind of response and an hour long standoff if it was just a guy who forgot to remove his sidearm. It is pretty common to see people carrying around here and people are pretty much used to it and don't really get all that stirred up.

https://www.chathamnewsrecord.com/s...ctive-scene-at-credit-union-in-pittsboro,2909