Team 6 - Blood Thirsty Savages

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by spiker44, Aug 26, 2019.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So dnoodles, are we good on making the #2 picture our logo. What's the call?

2. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What he said ^^^

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    yessir. I'm already rocking it!

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  4. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    Made the switch myself! Letttssssss goooo!

5. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Kaufman knows we are all checked in.
    I don't know what they're going to do to even out teams. A few were assigned 12 to start. I guess there isn't enough alternates signed up to backfill the 12th position -and- replace those who haven't checked in. Hopefully they do the right thing and fill teams first. Be better to have the chance to have the ones who haven't checked in yet get in the game than screw us over by having uneven teams.

Junior likes this.
  6. JungleJoe

JungleJoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad the logos are adequate folks! Lets get out there and win so we can have an excuse to make some egregious gear!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Junior likes this.
  7. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Camera pull yesterday....a bit disappointed about one of the plots... worked for last 6 or more years establishing a nice nutrient rich area and water source...last year during rifle season there were literally gun shots every where surrounding the plot...years of hard work that was finally producing literally shot to $h!t in one week...smh. i get it not everyone hunts for the same reasons but these other properties hadnt had anyone hunting in the last 10 years! Ok. Rant over.

The one day time pic is one of 2 decent bucks caught on camera thus far. All the rest of the pics are from a different plot-added this year. Im considering not even hunting the day time pic plot this year...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

dnoodles likes this.
  8. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not trying to get preachy, but I wanted to get a few things out there to kick this season off right-

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE follow the freaking contest rules and when you kill a deer -

1) Get 2 pics, that's TWO SEPARATE PICTURES with you, the kill, and your bow in frame. That doesn't mean 1 pic from far away then a cropped "close up" - that means 2 separate pics with all 3 elements- you, your bow, and your kill. Even if you can't get all of you, the deer and your whole bow in frame make sure we can see all 3 elements - your face, the deer's head, and at least enough of the bow to see that it is indeed a bow, and can tell they are actually different pics.

Even if you're taking selfies in the dark you can accomplish this- the easiest way for judges to determine the 2 pics are unique is to change your facial expression. As Captain, if you don't follow that rule I will notify Kaufman to DQ the entry from the scorecard. (If I don't catch it there are some vigilantes out there that will and report you as a cheater and me as an incompetent Captain.) This is by far THE most common mistake people make in the contest and then they piss and moan when they get DQd. It has always been a rule.

2) If you don't know how to score a buck, find someone who does to do it for you or watch YouTube and learn. Keep it honest. I know the difference b/t a 150" deer and a 130" deer and will call out someone who's obviously using a Magic Measuring Tape. There's folks on here that can pick out as little as 5" of inflation (makes you think they have a lot of experience adding inches....) <ahem>

Couple more things not rule related...does (or second bucks) = wins. If everyone kills 150 points worth of deer (that's only a 100" buck and one doe/second buck) that's 1800 points (assuming 12 per team.) That would normally easily beat the winning scores year to year. I'm not asking you to change your idea of what is and what is not a shooter buck- that's totally up to you. But if it's legal and unless your buck/doe ratio is seriously whacked; taking does is good for the herd, your freezer- and the scoreboard!

Final 2018 Scorecards:
    FIRST PLACE: TEAM 27 - 1498 4/8
    SECOND PLACE: TEAM 3 - 1014 7/8
    THIRD PLACE: TEAM 23 - 941 3/8

A bit misleading as last year's teams were capped at 10 members, but still that's an average of less than 150 total points per team member for the win. And Team 27 had a MONSTER year. A couple of legit Booners hit the dirt for them last year. Note the distance between 1st and 2nd place.

Lastly, if you do earn a kill, please post pics here and the scoreboard. Makes it more interesting for the whole team- sometimes when the bodies are piling up on the scoreboard it's hard to sift through multiple kills posted per day.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    bbslayr, Junior, kjstaudt86 and 3 others like this.
  9. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    some dandies there, @Junior.
    Le me know if you all need any help tracking this weekend- I'll be up near Coloma!

Junior likes this.
  10. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice deer @Junior! We open up 9/28 so it's getting pretty exciting. Going to move some cams around this weekend and start some mock scrapes. I'd say 60% of our bucks are out of velvet now and acorns are dropping pretty good. Won't be long!

Junior likes this.
  11. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    I know in the past groups that I've been apart of, we had an app called 'group me' I believe. We all stayed in contact through a group text through the season if people wanted to do something like that. You can send pics, videos, etc. For those who worried about notifications constantly going off, you can turn off the notifications. I thought it was a lot of fun and more effective than getting on the forum for those who don't log on much. Thoughts?

Junior likes this.
  12. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use GroupMe often so if that is something yall decide to do I'd participate

13. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    I havent used group me but have used other similar apps with the team. Was a great way to stay connected & get a real play by play!

14. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping there isn't much tracking involved! But will keep that in mind for sure!

dnoodles likes this.
  15. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Check out this bad boy! My friend& taxidermist mounted this from last deer season...new typical record.. public land from Wisconsin Dells area! What a beast![​IMG]

mylsuhat and dnoodles like this.
  16. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

awesome deer- cool how his tine length is reversed from what is "normal"; yet he is so perfectly "typical" at the same time.

Junior likes this.
  17. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    oh my.... what did it end up scoring??

18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    so how does this app work? I assume we all have to post our phone #s, or send them all to one person and they create the chat group? Or we create a group and post the log in info here?

Sorry, I'm over 40. Intranets and stuff. :confused:

19. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    201 gross...192 or 193 net, he couldnt remember for sure

20. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, pretty much. Guess we can just do it through here my man no worries!

Tags: