The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not always super proud of my behavior but then again I'm 45 and dont give two chits. On my way to coffee Sunday morning noticed one of my tires was low, pull into the gas station and start to fill it and some guy on a Harley pulls in behind me and starts revving his bike and giving me the hurry up look. So I go back to checking pressure in all tires. I get to the tire closest to said ********* and he really gets into revving his bike up, like an impatient little child. So, as I am putting the hose up I discreetly cut the nozzle off. As I was pulling away he was throwing a fit but oh well. And as far as smoothing things over with the owner.. that would be the wife, I told her she needed to replace it this morning.

wl704, Mod-it, Germ and 10 others like this.
  2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Man I really feel I was right there with you clotheslining the guy as he sat on his bike. I feel better!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Swamp Stalker, ash d and Sota like this.
  3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    About ten years ago(I find myself always saying abouy ten yrs ago as I get older. Maybe 20 yrs ago...lol)I was pumping gas about lunch time. For whatever reason some big drunk construction worker decided to walk right at me as I pumped gas between my truck and the pump. Imagine about a 2 to 3 foot space. As he is approaching I start thinking...wtf is this guy about ready to do to me as there are 50 other places he could have walked instead of directly at me. I dont know if he was trying to rob me or run me over to be cool in front of his friends. Well as he gets within one foot of me and we are pinned between my truck and the pumps I let him have it. I dropped my shoulder and rammed him into the pumps. You should have seen the look on his face as he got punked. I mean this was a big guy and all his friends started to laugh. When he came out he walked completely around me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cutting the nozzle off wasn't my first thought but it did lead to me remembering I had a good pocket knife in my pocket. I dont have anything against bikers for the most part. But dont think bc you have a club logo and a leather jacket I'm intimidated. But yeah, good luck catching up with me on a semi flat tire.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I want to drink with you Bob.

6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I often find myself thinking that about people on this site.

7. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We have pushed sailing the Great Loop back but I thinks we need to go for it. It would bring me within getting drinks distance of both of y'all.

Personally, I think we should have a forum get together in someplace like St. Louis. We can all bring our bows and I can pull strings with the St. Louis Archery club, seeing how my grandparents used to be in it from the 50's-80's. Eat bbq, drink beer and shoot bows, mighty fine time could be had, mighty fine.

cantexian likes this.
  8. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hell yeah Bob.
    I'll pick up Sota on the way down.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What kind of boat are you doing the loop in? I have done the gulf midflorida up to Pickwick, avoid the Mississippi too much barge traffic. You are sailing, god help you I only do twin screws and big diesels that get .70 miles per gallon up on plane.

10. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    We still talking boats?

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah twin props two diesel engines.

12. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Catalina 30 Mark III.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice you are far more patient than me. When we would move the boat down the Tom Bigby we would pass a sail boat that was motoring down the river too. We would make it to that evenings marina, refuel, pump the head, tie off the boat, take the courtesy car into town for dinner, get back and have a cocktail and the sail boat would be just showing getting to the marina.

Okiebob likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have on again off again trying to trouble shoot the tilt trim on my fishing boat. Doing it without a wiring diagram. I bought a new solenoid because that made sense the motor operated to lower the motor but not lift it, I replaced the old looking solenoid. Well last night I decided I was going to switch the two power wires to the motor to the opposite solenoid. Went to take the power off the down solenoid and the power lug was bad. I was chasing the the wrong solenoid. Luckily I saved the other "bad solenoid" it was a cheap lesson but I need to buy the manual for that motor.

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This made my day.

16. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So happy got home from work swapped out the solenoid and I have tilt and trim, first 80 degree day in 3 weeks so wanted to go boating/fishing. Unfortunately my wife had to run into the city to get her dress for the sons wedding altered, guess I will have to go alone. If I get home at dark and my wife is already back home and I come in the house with fish smell on my hands I will get the look, I still fake acting a little concerned do not have the heart to tell her that her look has not worked on me in years.

18. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    32 gd items in the 10 item of less isle.... Since I need a tin I get to wait.

Artem256 and virginiashadow like this.
  19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    not paying attention, grabs Worcestershire sauce from fridge instead of soy. Sushi ruined.

Artem256 likes this.
  20. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dnt wana change the world or go to space or anythin big. I just want cell phone companies to QUIT MAKING MY CAMERA BETTER I DNT GIVE A RATS ROSEY RED REAREND. I just want to get service and hold a basic phone call

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums