Team 12 - Drop Tine Dozen

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by vermontwhitetail, Aug 26, 2019.

1. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m voting lmao. Just flip a coin no ones will be offended.

2. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    No deer season here until October 1! So headed out on the boat for some fishing this afternoon/evening.

It’s not deer hunting but for fun here are a few bass I’ve caught from 2019 fishing season:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kfili, early in, P&YChaser and 2 others like this.
  3. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those are huge Bass, Very Nice!

early in and sycamoretwitch like this.
  4. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Starts September 14 in NJ. I will hopefully have a doe or two on the ground that weekend, then I'll be looking for antlers 16-18.

Turro likes this.
  5. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome bass. I got out fishing a decent amount for me this summer and have baby fish to show for it but happy kids so always good enough. Never have caught any nice ones so no standards there either
    Been working on a wreck of a camper I bought and gutted. Getting little closer to something now. Won’t be a gem but for cheap and can setup how we want hopefully will do ok
    Season starts 14th here too. Might not get out til 16th. People always stupidly plan opening weekend... gonna check cams again during next week and set a plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vermontwhitetail likes this.
  6. Mathews1995

Mathews1995 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    drop tine dozen

7. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    For those who may be new to the contest, the rules:

Each participant is allowed to enter ONE antlered deer as their “Buck Score”. This must be the FIRST antlered deer that you harvest during the season. If you live in an area that allows you to harvest multiple bucks, or hunt multiple states, you can only enter the first buck you take for theseason.

The score will be based on the GROSS total score using the P&Y scoring system. All measurements must be listed at the time when your score is posted. If anyone has any problems with scoring, please ask for help first.

Each participant is also allowed to enter ONE “Bonus Deer” as well. Antlerless deer, regardless of size, will count as 50 points. A second buck can be entered in place of a doe as your “Bonus Deer” counting for the 50 points. *Remember, you’re first antlered deer must be used as your “Buck Score”, your second antlered deer will be worth only 50 points, even if it’s bigger than your first.

Rules for entry:

1. All deer entered into this contest must be harvested legally within the laws and regulations of the state or province inwhich it was harvested. This contest is only for fun so please, don't break the law.

2. All deer entered into this contest must be harvested with archery equipment only. After all, this is Bowhunting.com. Thisincludes compound bows, traditional equipment, or crossbows. This also means you can't shoot a deer with a gun and enter it into this contest.

3. All entries must be accompanied by a minimum of TWO (2) photos of the hunter with the deer and your archery equipment in the picture. If you can manage to take one picture, you can also manage to move 4 feet to the side and take another one. It's not that hard. There will be NO exceptions to this rule. Two photos with the hunter, deer, and bow in the photo or it won't count. If you submit a deer without two photos, it will not count. Consider this your warning. This goes for both does as well as bucks.

3a. If you harvest the deer on film and can provide footage of you shooting the animal along with post-recovery footage including hunting, animal, and bow, that will suffice in place of two photos. Footage must be posted online for everyone to see.

4. Along with your photo (or video) you must post the date and time in which the deer was shot.

5. If possible, provide a list of the following information along with your harvest photos. We want to know what kind of gear everyone is using. This is optional. If you don't list your equipment, your deer will still count.
    Bow Make/Model
    Broadhead Make/Model/Weight
    Arrow Make/Model

6. Above all else, have fun! Don't change the way you hunt for a contest, no matter where it is. If you see a deer that you want to shoot that is going to make you happy then, by all means, shoot it. Don't worry about what people will think. We're all bowhunters and we should all support each other's decisions on what type of animals we choose to harvest, regardless of size or age.

7. If a buck's rack scores less than 50points, a minimum score of 50 will be applied. This is known as the "Fergie Clause". This does NOT apply to button bucks. The buck must be a legally"antlered" deer in your state and have a scorable rack.

8. Post your photos and information in the scorecard as soon as you can. Holding back entries until later in the competition will no longer be allowed, especially now thatpeople can shoot a second antlered deer. I understand that many hunters cannot post pics from camp, but be sure to get them entered when you get home. Anyonecaught sandbagging their first buck inhopes of shooting and scoring a larger one, will be banned from the competition and future Bowhunting.com Contests.

8. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Kinda a slow evening for us tonight... Oh well!

9. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone got any plans for camera checks or stand work in the deer woods this weekend?!

I’m going to try and get out sometime between now and Sunday to do some trimming and tightening of a few stands - need to check a few cams as well.

I think I’ve got about 2 stands left that need some general strap work. 2 stands that need new seat cushions. Other than that I’m ready to roll.

Just never got around to a foodplot this year - kinda disappointing as I enjoy that work. But just ran out of time.

It’s getting close boys - mornings getting cooler here.

vermontwhitetail and Turro like this.
  10. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be our today and tomorrow. Maybe some glassing Saturday.

Turro likes this.
  11. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man am I jealous of the early openers. I just need to get in a stand! I’ve got one stand left to change straps and maybe one stand to change out but other then that I am for the most part done. I’m hoping to get a few cameras out between by this weekend but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it happen. For the first time in year I may be going in completely blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

vermontwhitetail and Turro like this.
  12. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m planning to check cams maybe mid next week and set my plan. Looks like steady rain so probably will be delaying first sit til decent enough. Always fear washing away blood trails in rain. Built arrows last night with a buddy and got bow little extra tuning. Going from maxima blue rz with little added brass weight that were around 460ish to black eagle deep impact with inserts to 570 grain plus when swap in nocturnals. Quiets the bow down nice and shooting solid. Getting real close. Evenings and mornings being chilled feels real now and seeing some buddy’s bears that shot. Curious to see what cams have to offer. I’ll decide then how picky it’s gonna be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Found this at one of my stands in NJ, ladder sticks all bent up at the bottom and teeth/claw marks in the foam cushion. My camera was also gone . Pretty sure it was a bear. Gonna get a couple ratchet straps and try and salvage the sticks for now. 20190905_144726.jpg Other then that all my other setups were good and I'm going through pics and video now .

Turro likes this.
  14. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like Drop Tine Dozen is the winner on the team name. I'll make the changes on the site.

Kfili, Logman, early in and 1 other person like this.
  15. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Be careful on those sticks if you salvage them! I’d hate for the steel to crack and give on a cold morning. $40-$70 is a lot cheaper then doctor bills or your life bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

vermontwhitetail and early in like this.
  16. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That must have been one really determined/outgoing bear to do all of that. And a camera's gone? Sounds more like vandals/thieves.

17. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pa's archery season, in my WMU, opens Sept 14th. I'll be checking cams next weekend. I only check my cams every 2 weeks until the rut, then more often.

I stand corrected, our season actually starts on SUNDAY, yes Sunday the 15th. Pa is having 3 specific Sunday hunting days this year! This is a first for deer hunting on a Sunday in my lifetime here in Pa.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Turro and vermontwhitetail like this.
  18. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I would have agreed but the teeth/claw marks in the seat cushion tell me otherwise. I've had several cameras chewed or stolen by bears over the years. Makes for some pretty interesting video if I find the camera Haha

Turro and early in like this.
  19. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Only buck on camera so far in NJ, 2.5 yr old 8 pt. Lots of does on camera. 20190905_194852.jpg 20190905_194906.jpg

early in and Turro like this.
  20. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I will be. Going to try attaching the sticks back to the tree with 3-4 ratchet straps I'm going to buy tomorrow. But I do have another set of sticks if I need to replace them.