Team 15 - Blood Red Truck Bed

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by boonerville, Aug 26, 2019.

1. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just starting a check in thread so we can get this thing going!

Bold has checked in

USAF Bowhunter
    AaronB
    Indiana Archer
    Monster Raxx
    bowhunter448
    Boonerville
    C0wb0yChris
    Peakrut
    JRock15
    Mike4christ
    802bowlife

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!

boonerville likes this.
  3. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m Aaron. 38 years old with 3 kids. I hunt 130 acres of mainly CRP and cattails on private land in WI. I also have access to another 70 acres near my 130 that is my brothers but I usually let my brother and his boys hunt that for themselves.

Also looking forward to the contest as it will be my fourth year competing in it. I scored a doe my first year and fell just short of the 200 point club with 192 and change in my second year and blanked last year for a variety of reasons, but mainly early season flooding and personal choice and taking other people hunting. I should be good for 50 for sure even though I failed to harvest a doe last year. I will likely be pretty selective on bucks as I have harvested several in the 110"-125" range with my biggest being a 142 5/8" 8 pointer two seasons ago. Have a number of decent bucks on camera so far this year. Nothing huge, but 4 or 5 that I would probably shoot. My personal goal is to shoot a mature buck of at least 4 years old and 130" or better just because my property has the capability of producing that quality year after year.

Looking forward to the contest and meeting everyone else! Also, just being upfront with my personal goals, not judging anyone else for what they want to harvest. Shoot what makes you happy and gets your heart pumping! Let's gooooooo!

802bowlife and boonerville like this.
  4. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Jordan, 32, live in Southern Iowa. I hunt several different farms across several counties here. Think this is my 5th or 6th year in the contest. I'm usually good for 200 pts if I kill a buck (keyword IF). I love the challenge of finding and hunting big deer. I don't shoot a lot of deer, but if I do kill a buck he's gonna be a pretty good one. My goal this season is to kill a specific deer, but having 3 buck tags, there are several other good ones I will shoot if the opportunity arises.

I also work for a trail camera/blind company as the Director of Sales.

Looks like most of the team I have never been on a team with before. Looking forward to getting to know some new folks!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    AaronB likes this.
  5. 802bowlife

802bowlife Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!

6. 802bowlife

Dislikes Received:
    I’m Jackson, 26 and live in Central Vermont. I bowhunt Vermont and New Hampshire (I know, land of the booners Hah ) and rifle hunt Maine as well. 3rd year in the contest and always enjoy participating! Always good for a doe and really hoping to catch one of the good bucks running the mountain this year. Been having 130-145” bucks (remember I’m New England) pulled off a property I hunt with another hunting family of 4 and hoping this year is my year to drag the big one out! If not I plan to catch a stud cruising in New Hampshire on the Public Lands I hit over there as well.

Also, I am an Elementary Physical Education Teacher in my town and have a 6 year old daughter who is getting into hunting as well! She sat with me this past spring and got to see a nice Tom hit the dirt and I am hoping to get her into the woods this fall with me more as well for some deer hunting.

Know this is a deer contest but big into bear hunting as well and that opens in 6 days here and works perfect to get in the woods before deer season. NH opens 9/15 for deer and VT 10/5! Excited to get to know everyone and see your seasons unfold!

AaronB and boonerville like this.
  7. 802bowlife

Dislikes Received:
    Boonerville I can only imagine that “specific deer” - man I hope you run into him this year!

boonerville likes this.
  8. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some of the early season candidates. Also found a shed this spring from a buck I hadn’t had on camera last year. Not sure if he just winters on our property or not but haven’t got him on camera. The shed had a 10.25” brow tine and scores 67 5/8 so should be a pretty good deer this year and unmistakeable with that brow. Always have more show up when they get hard horned, but off to a pretty good start. 65226F58-DA75-407F-A0DA-4130500355B4.png 710AA6F6-0B70-49A1-B746-2C15C24A7107.png 0E505926-F6E3-439E-A2E6-78E5E129FFD8.png E4F60715-E74F-4E8C-AC59-3547ADC495B5.png E02976E1-5159-42A6-89A7-A44D30FED8C1.png 6BF771D6-437F-446D-9756-39BCBCA0350F.png B4DDB624-B3FE-4E1A-98CB-8DD497266B3A.png

802bowlife likes this.
  9. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Tom and I am 50 years old. I just dropped my son of for his first year of college and my daughter doesn't want to hunt anymore at this time so I should have extra time hunting instead of sitting with my kids. I have a MN bear tag and the season opens on the 1st. I have a bunch of bear hitting my bait. I have a 480 acre lease in SE MN that has produced some great bucks over the years. Sometimes I also bow hunt Buffalo County Wisconsin but I am not sure if I am this year. I also gun hunt Iowa whenever I can. Good luck everyone looking forward to see how everyone's season goes.

AaronB and 802bowlife like this.
  10. FingerMike

FingerMike Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What up fellas!!! I’m mike! 32 yrs old 4 kids live in Ohio I hunt two properties with a total of around 400acres share it with my bro in law. The last three years we’ve take two nice bucks 130” and bigger. His actually won a BHOD hat off an episode. I love to hunt and will be in the stand most weekends and just today out my vacation in for my RUTCATION!!!

2016 bear escape
    Black eagle spartan
    Rage hypodermic

11. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Hey buddy if I remember right I think we were on a team last year too

2016 bear escape
    Black eagle spartan
    Rage hypodermic

Lester likes this.
  12. JRock15

JRock15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in
    My name is Justin, 31 From Wisconsin and just bought 20acres 2 months ago. I have 3 daughters 5, 3 and 1. My wife started shooting bow this summer so I will be hunting with her alot in the early season.
    Good luck everyone.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

boonerville, AaronB and 802bowlife like this.
  13. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Got ya beat I have 4 daughter! 14,11,10 and 5 but I can imagine our lives are equal in craziness lol

2016 bear escape
    Black eagle spartan
    Rage hypodermic

14. 802bowlife

Dislikes Received:
    I have just the 1 daughter and am losing my mind.. but 3 or 4.. some tough dudes who deserve a lot of hunting time Hah.

15. IndianaArcher

IndianaArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  16. IndianaArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt on 150 acres of private land with my bud, that is surrounded by thousands of acres of public land. Last year I took a doe that field dressed 130 lbs. We have several 150+ deer we have been chasing. Last year all I needed was one more step and I would have had a booner down. He didn't. I don't. So I sit here and dab my tears. Lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

17. IndianaArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Indiana Archer checking in!
    Sent from my moto z4 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

18. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You gotta keep mik4christ coming back to the web site and this page , he tends to wonder!!!

good luck mike, just not your team, J/King

FingerMike likes this.
  19. JRock15

JRock15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My 5 year old loves to hunt with me. Shot a doe with her when she was 3. 10 yards in a ground blind. It was very intense!
    This was last years. Screenshot_2019-08-26-21-31-19.jpeg

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

WillO, AaronB and 802bowlife like this.
  20. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!
    I’m Chris from NC. I have a wife, 1 daughter and just found out today that another is on the way!
    I have private land to hunt but opted a couple seasons ago to starting changing up the scenery and hunting public lands. Really enjoying the diversity of lands and refining woodsmenship.
    Been in the contest 4 or 5 seasons now. Last season was a crazy season and didn’t get to hunt much. My family had a tree fall through our home a month before season and we lived out of a hotel for 5 months. Only hunted a hand full of times.
    Season before that was an even crazier season. Shot a dream deer and walking contradiction. He had drop tines, was in velvet and more antlers coming off his head in all different directions and was deemed by P&Y as unscorable haha. Didn’t see that one coming haha.

We’ll see what this season has in store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AaronB likes this.