The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Affirmative.

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bet Dave Ramsey makes his money from selling seminars and books.

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is she blond?

Artem256 likes this.
  4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People who are afraid of rain when they drive. They start putting on their emergency lights and driving like they are scared to death.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cantexian, Artem256, GregH and 3 others like this.
  5. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I'm not sure to be honest. I usually have my balance down to almost nothing or zero by the time bill is paid. Don't think I've carried over any balance more than maybe a month in the 2 years I've had it. For awhile I checked score alot and for some reason I think it always said the credit got reported like the 18th of the month and my due date is the 15th. I started with a pretty low score and have got it up pretty good amount but still think it's kinda weird how much it goes up and down.

I've also been told with a cc if you're balance is less than 30% of limit your score doesn't get effected only making minimum payment. I've never taken that chance tho and just pay anything off as soon as can. Also usually make well over minimum or just pay on full. I don't really know enough about most of it to play around so usually don't chance much with credit cards ha.

7. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can remember spending hours when I was younger looking at fingerhut catalogs at my grandparents. They were always good for having 3 or 4 laying around.

Sounds like I'm starting the process you went through as far as credit stuff. Did alot or things when was younger and dumb. Spending my early 20's in the military doing what I did and getting good pay really screwed me up. When got back home took while to figure out budgeting and not just doin whatever you want or buying whatever. Had close to 15-16k in bank when got out and embarrassingly being 23 and having no real responsibility, it pretty much got pissed away.

dprsdhunter likes this.
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I started fixing my credit and becoming responsible I would monitor my credit reports with multiple credit monitoring systems. Could do daily pulls which did several things.

Do enough pulls in a row for a certain length and it would start "bumping" hard inquiries. Once there each day it would bump another until gone.

2, you could monitor your negative reports to make sure they were yours or dispute them. Dispute them all and legitimate ones stick, but in reality you owe a collection agency nothing if it is not associated with their internal collections. Debt collectors buy debt for pennies on the dollar, then try to profit with threats and demands. Most are too lazy to respond to the credit bureau's request to vlidate within 30 days and it is removed.

Lastly, sleezeball collection agencies monitor your report, but may not report, they lay in wait until you get an inquiry for a new car purchase or mortgage and then post a negative flag on your account. Others will try to repost after the 7 year statute of limitations is up and it drops off.

All of my credit cards updated the day the statement cuts, same with mortgage and auto payment. It may take a day or two but it was never before it cut, if I paid in full it never showed a balance on my credit report. Used to make me mad because if I forgot to pay one off I would have to wait a month to see it back at zero.

And on the utilization thing, it's best to have less than 30% debt to credit limit on single accounts but they like to see overall credit utilization less than 10%. So I have 6k on an 18.5k card which is under the 30%, but my overall utilization is 6k on 90k available credit which is well below the 10% mark, but a reason why I keep the other accounts open.

It's a task to do, but watching my score climb and my report become cleaner was addicting and kept me trying. I've never had so much as a late payment since I started.

Kinda wish Fingerhut was still around, I kinda owe it all to them. I realize now just how important credit is, not that I would rent, but now you can't get much of anything without good credit which is why pay day loan places and predatory lenders are bad to deal with.

Artem256 and jrk_indle84 like this.
  9. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    upload_2019-8-21_22-44-14.png
    Thanks dnoodles, been trying to get my dislike cherry popped for a couple months now. Didn't expect this post to be the one that did it, but regardless, its an honor.

Sota likes this.
  10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Likely a fat finger scroll or dislike hit rather than like. Most of mine are for random stuff that shouldn't have been liked or disliked. I have one that was disliked recently but was a post from a while ago.

Starting to think google bots are getting more advanced :lol:

dnoodles likes this.
  11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    USPS

Here's another example of why they are hurting, although Amazon seems to be helping them out.

I understand it originated in China and takes awhile to get through export/imports with customs etc. But 4 days for it to make a 3 1/2 hour drive?

It only arrived at St. Louis center, could be another day or two before departing. Could be some sort of stupidpost shipping or something, but kinda ridiculous either way.

Plus they missed delivery today.

It's a freaking soft bow case

Screenshot_20190821-223448_Chrome.jpg

12. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So californians

13. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  14. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In Miami Dade County at the landfill commissioning 5 new cells, it is massive. I battled traffic 12 mile 35 minutes. Then I discovered I did not have my reading glasses. Talk about a pain trying to follow schematics. The electrician was dyslexic I believe he did the low voltage wiring backwards terminated to the wrong part of the terminal strip, took me a while to trouble shoot that. I did pretty good without my glasses I was impressed. The heat damn I drank 6 bottles of water and only peed once.

16. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Today's rant from me is directed at whoever attached the deck to the house I bought in Missouri.

Who doesn't know that you HAVE TO install flashing or a heavy waterproof membrane behind the ledger board that attaches to the house and that this material has to extend up under the siding?

I've been working for three days cutting all of the joists, removing the old ledger board, replacing water-damaged wood, installing flashing and putting it all back together again.

Someone out there needs a throat punch.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I live in a house where nothing is level, or square. Every time I open up something I curse those people.

cantexian, LittleChief and Artem256 like this.
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like my house. I kniw they had to have some sort of framing squares in 1955.

The garage is just as bad. Figured that out when I hung drywall and then some cabinets connected by a corner cabinet. It's more of a trapezoid than rectangle. Ditched the cabinets and built shelving instead :lol:

dprsdhunter and Artem256 like this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thing is the guy that died at my house has haunted it since we move in. Evidently he was a sports fan loved to sit up in the loft and listen to any sport that could be found on the radio. When you first get home and are silent you can stand in the living room and hear a faint game call like there is a quiet radio on in the loft. And he was a horse **** carpenter.

Artem256 likes this.
  20. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Learned something new today :cool:

LittleChief likes this.