Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sodium bloat.

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hit gym for second time this week. Gonna try go at least once more. Monday did heavier lower body leg stuff. Got up to 350 on deads before stopped. Felt good and wanted to go up but didn't. Trying to just kinda keep it more consistent for now and work up slower than before. Then did some rdl's again at 225. Been doin them instead of leg curls for hamstrings. Also squatted around 250. Everything else was just light volume stuff.

Today did upper body stuff. Ended up doin mostly shoulder stuff kinda by accident. But mostly alot of press lifts. Then some light bi and tri bro stuff ha. Tried few different things also since there wasn't anybody else there in gym. Did some one arm barbell presses, standing and from floor cleaned it to shoulder then press. Found out with right it's fine but left feels kinda awkward ha. Also tried power cleans starting with bar at waist, don't think coordinated enough from floor yet ha. Wasn't bad and was just looking to do different stuff. Been looking for different program since been doin same one for awhile. Don't know what really wanna do but for me I kinda need something to follow or I feel like I'm just wondering around gym doin whatever. So until find something I'm just gonna keep it kinda basic and might try some newer stuff bit who knows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

virginiashadow likes this.
  3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday's workout was 10 Rounds of 5 push ups, 10 pull ups, and 25 KB Swings @50 lbs. Took just over 16 minutes. Work kept me ridiculously busy yesterday so it was short, fast, and hard or nothing.

This morning I did a fast three mile run in just under 24 minutes. I had to shorten my lunch break due to work being seasonally busy this month.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I guess this is the health thread so ill post this here. My son got an idea to make some extra money. He just turned 15 and you guys know of his health problems. Well yesterday he printed out about 20 flyers and put them in mailboxes in the neighborhood...asking to walk dogs. And he did that the day he ended 3 days of rough medical treatment.

Well yesterday night he got a call from a working couple in the neighborhood. Long story short its about 3 or 4 miles round trip on his bike but they are going to pay him $100 a month to walk their dog once a day. And the guy was so impressed with him he gave him $20 extra bucks for start up costs. Needless to say, my wife and I were near tears yesterday after all that he has been through medically. He is one resilient kid.

5. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    My boys decided they want to play ice hockey. I bought a month long pass to teach them to skate. Saturday we spent two hours at the rink skating and two and half hours on Sunday. I haven't spent that much time on the ice in a weekend since my hockey playing days as a kid. Legs are sore but feeling good today.

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Roller blades are a decent proxy, if costs and ice time become an issue...after that pass expires.

7. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    They were given Rollerblades last Christmas. Unfortunately, we live in Arkansas and we have had 100+ heat index for the last few weeks. It is hard to get them out in roller blades in that. We will get back to that after the weather cools off.

8. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well a five mile run in this sauna this morning isn't too bad for an old man. Plus, 50 push-ups, 50 pull-ups, and 200 sit-ups. The last 25 nearly killed me but I got-r-done!

Blessings.........Pastorjim

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Westfinger, virginiashadow and wl704 like this.
  9. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Been feeling good lately and tonight my body felt real good. Took the daughter to soccer practice and had big ambitions of running sprints and such. Well the first step of my jog warm up I felt a little pain in my right medial meniscus. Years ago I would have just pushed through it but these days, heck no. I walked for 60 minutes and did 100 flutter kicks, 100 pushups, and 100 lunges throughout the hour long walk.

Westfinger likes this.
  10. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hit ot again tonight. Did lower body again, deads, squats, rdls, and hang cleans. Ended workout with some abs. Everything felt good and didn't really over do it. Went heavier on squats than anything. Worked up to 265 for 3, which is close to most I've done in while. Kept everything else kinda light. Don't even really remember what did on everything else.

Went to Dr other day tovget checked out, thought might have had a hernia but didn't. Thankfully ha. But of course sure like most ppl he said i could drop few pounds. Was 244 in the office and have been pretty consistently around that down to 240 for last month or so. But doc said should try and be around 220-225. So idk see about trying to get there. Maybe start doin some cardio since really do zero of that now. Ha.

Anyway good job fellas.

Westfinger and virginiashadow like this.
  11. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Ran 3 miles in 23:28 and followed it with 50 pull ups and 50 push ups. Wanted to do 5 miles but I am going on about 5 1/2 hours of sleep after picking up my wife at the airport late and not getting to bed until 1 am. Felt good just to get done what I did.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  12. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had a little vacation out to Hood river Oregon last week. Ate way to much but stayed pretty active hiking and kiteboarding. Scale is almost back to pre trip levels.
    Messed up my foot so I did a couple of upper body bro workouts when I got back. Back to full body today. Pull ups, rows, incline bench. Hex bar dead’s, modified pistol squats, curls, extensions and crunches.. Felt great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantexian and pastorjim08 like this.
  13. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Other than the politics, I love Oregon. My grandparents lived in Portland. We used to camp at Lost Lake near Hood River almost every summer when I was a kid. Took my kids there for family vacation last year. Oregon is a fantastic state for outdoor recreation.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Westfinger likes this.
  14. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Beautiful area. My wife and I got home and had the what are we doing here conversation.
    We loved it and will definitely be back to the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantexian likes this.
  15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Doing another 500 calorie challenge on the treadmill here shortly. I'm hoping to get my time down by 5 to 7 minutes.

16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Took me 49 minutes this time. 5 min quicker. That was hell.

Westfinger and pastorjim08 like this.
  17. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You da man!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Well that hurt. Ran an off road course for 40 minutes and did 200 pushups along the way.

Westfinger and pastorjim08 like this.
  19. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Did an upper body lift and three mile run on Monday. Yesterday was an hour hike with a 50 lb pack.

20. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Hiked 3 miles this morning with a 25lb pack. I decided to lighten it up today because the urban hunt I am participating starts Sunday. Not sure if I will go or not as the temps are forecast to be highs in the 90s. But, I don't want to be too sore from hiking. I am hoping that on Monday I will be reporting that I am sore from dragging.

Westfinger and virginiashadow like this.