Thr sky is falling

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by oldnotdead, Aug 20, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So lets go with the Green New Deal, global warming we need the Green New deal.
    We need to build massive solar arrays and wind farms.. Really? Because how much emissions will that cause in building them, how many forests will need to be cut?
    Do you think they understand what forested areas actually do for us? You would think so considering the change in weather around the world with the ever growing depletion on rain forests.
    Wow the list of things ,oh BTW proven climate change solar arrays will cause.

I hate ironing, gives me time to think about these a$$Wipes. Sorry about title tiny key board stubby digits..lol

virginiashadow likes this.
  2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Beer. Hunting. All else can go to heck. :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Um.. we are already building massive wind farms and have been for well over 10 years here in Oklahoma, long before the New Green Deal. Recently, we were set to sell 2 sections, 1280 acres total, until our bought and payed for by the oil industry legislators were handed some bills to pass that basically made it impossible for solar companies to do business here. This to was before any mention of The New Green Bill. But I would be interested in this empirical data that you refer to regarding climate change, which I thought was a hoax but now I guess these other non-fossil fuel sources will cause. I'm always interested in this type of stuff. And if you think I'm against fossil fuels guess again.

virginiashadow likes this.
  4. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    We also have wind and solar farms here and as I said hundreds and hundreds if woodlands have been cut to build them ,keep areas around them clear,build access roads. The wind farms actually aren't nearly as bad as the solar in this regard ,though they do cause localized climate changes. Now lets consider what is already on line and what they would actually need to replace the grid we have and the power needs we have now. ,
    Then start considering water....nah never mind ,waste of time.

5. wannabe hunter

wannabe hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guess what, the climate changes all the time. But that change is mainly driven by (surprise, surprise) the sun, is the heat source, and by water / water vapor, which stores the most thermal energy. The carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere is tiny, and the heat capacity of CO2 is abysmal - but you can be taxed for "producing" it. Which they can't do with the sun, and already doing with water.

The most destructive thing on earth is agricuture. It destroys the soil cover, so it gets flushed out with rain. It depletes it, so constant fertilizing with dubious chemicals is required. Millions of animals (worms, insects, rodents, birds, rabbits, hog, deer) are expelled and killed in preparation of the ground, maintaining and harvesting of crops. The bare soil cannot retain water, resulting in accelerated water circulation, floods and draughts. The fertilizers and pesticides end up in our food and the water supply, poisoning us.

And the irony is - plant-based foods are not even good for us. Plants don't want to be eaten either, so they contain plenty of natural poisons and pesticides to keep predators off. Why do you think people are the sickest in rich countries with the most "advanced" acricultural sector ?

The Green Deal advocates are in good company. Already Hitler (uhhh) had his green deal, most of the German national parks were founded during his reign.

BTW, had been in the semiconductor wafer business for a while a few years ago. The production of photovoltaic solar cells consumes much more energy than any cell could ever harvest. Not aware that this changed since.
    /Rant Off

oldnotdead likes this.
  6. Theana9

Theana9 Guest

+1
    [​IMG]

7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    But, but gee you can still crop around a wind turbine...lol

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is going to get colder in the winter around those solar panels with them absorbing the suns energy.:biggrin:

9. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There is evidence of bird migration changing because of wind turbines. Also, dead birds, particularly raptors, are being found dead around wind turbines. I was in California a few years ago. IMHO, what was beautiful scenery was ruined by the WTs. Let's go back to horses and buggies but we have to contend with their exhaust emissions.