Brand new to archery/bowhunting

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Angie, Aug 15, 2019.

1. 406ElkSlayer

406ElkSlayer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’m glad you are getting them involved young.

I am getting into hunting in my mid 20s, bummed that my dad didn’t discover hunting when I was younger!

2. DWitt

DWitt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, never enough videos and you can even get into podcasts. Get on YouTube and look up John Dudley, Cameron Hanes, Meat Eater, and Remi Warren. They all have different personalities so whatever you find you can relate to.

3. 325Ranger82

325Ranger82 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to a superb way to hunt critters! Bow hunting is by far and way more fun than other means even tho those means, legally, are absolute fun and awesome too! Bow hunting is just a little more challenging! My last word of that sentence is what I am getting at! Ya got a tough roe to hoe but Have fun, don’t read in to it to much and just keep it simple stupid for now! That old Bear took deer back in the day it will take deer today! Just make sure it’s safe as far as string and components go! Forums and online searches will serve ya well! But as someone early suggested, ya gotta and gonna learn from mistakes! Hopefully ya even find someone personally to hunt with that’s more familiar! Texas opening day mañana and I am on pins and needles trying to figure out how to sleep!! Happy Hunting!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  4. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    we got your back! but trial and error is the best way. the wind is the most important once you find them. food sources are right there too. learn the bedding areas, food source and wind and you will see deer