Storm after storm...

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by oldnotdead, Aug 18, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heavy heavy rains hail keep rolling through day after day. They are starting to beat the plots into the dirt. Here come some more rip roarers. The well won't go dry, bright side.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was going to throw down some winter rye yesterday in the thin spots, glad I did not it would have washed away with last nights storm. The rainfall total pushed up to the second wettest summer of all time.

3. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    We had several storms roll through after that post. I haven't been kut yet but was startled by a huge crash last night.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  4. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    OK we shall see...forecast says zero rain few several days...I just disced up two of the three spots I'm putting down winter wheat in a couple of weeks... not impressed with any of the new plots this year, some wasted $$ in fertilizer and seed I'm afraid. Not to mention crazy amount of work...they pretty much look like my garden that never was...Well I can't really say that there was a garden until the woodchucks found it...then a fungus on my beautiful watermelons. I do have more tomatoes than I'll know what to do with...38 plants and then 10 "wild ones" from last years All loaded. We will have oodles of poppers from the hot peppers and tons of sweet,IF the warm weather holds out all through Sept and Oct.. They JUST started setting peppers. Cukes and summer squash just started,winter squashes and pumpkins are looking good as long as the deer don't jump the fence...