Nose Jammer field spray

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JHasty, Sep 5, 2018.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys wanting to get some input from guys who have used nose jammer field spray. Does it work and is it worth the money? and what is the difference between this stuff and some of the DIY vanilla cover scents that I have seen and heard about people making. I been around nose jammer in the past when it was sprayed and it had a vanilla smell to me so I am trying to figure out if its worth it to go out and but the stuff in a can or just go to my local Walmart /grocery store and buy vanilla and other ingredients and make my own. Thanks in advance!

2. Rumchada1443

Rumchada1443 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use it religiously along with DDW. I have yet to have a deer bust me down wind. I have yet to try just using vanilla so I can't help you there. All I know is that I haven't had a bad hunt while switching to DDW and using Nose Jammer.

WNE8, Kevin Day and JHasty like this.
  3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Fitgeralds have a scent called VK. Its essentially vanilla scent and it can go either way. I used to use it long ago and some deer would come into it on a string. Then I have add some smell it and turn inside out because it was a new scent.

I have not used nose jammer so have no comment there.

JHasty likes this.
  4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I tried Nose Jammer a couple of times. During those hunts, I was busted more than hunts where I did not use it. I will pass.

JHasty likes this.
  5. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree I will not use it again. The vanilla smell just seems totally out of place in the woods. I got a small can for free because I was one of First 50 in line at the Las bowhunter extrAvaganza last year so I figured I’d try it. No sooner sprayed it and had deer blowing all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

JHasty likes this.
  6. Jmnhunter

Jmnhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    same here, I tried it once, walked some cattails to get to my stand, a doe and 2 fawns were walking, stopped dead in their tracks, nose went to the ground and bolted

JHasty likes this.
  7. Forty2Fields

Forty2Fields Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I switch to Nose Jammer this year and a have become a huge fan. I also use it religiously and haven't been busted while sitting down wind yet. I would say it is one of the most important piece of equipment in my bag at this point. I have even had deer come up and lick my climbing sticks and not smell or notice me while i have been wearing it this season. It does have that weird vanilla smell that you think the deer would notice every single time but it has masked my scent every single sit this season.

JHasty likes this.
  8. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Seems a new version of the old VK
    (Vanilla killa) wow that’s going way back.

JHasty likes this.
  9. WNE8

WNE8 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use Nose Jammer religiously now. I killed a mature 9 point this weekend, and I sprayed down heavily before hunting. I can't speak for the other vanilla scents, but the past two years have gone very well for me and my buddies while using Nose Jammer. I'm sure there will be times that one individual or another will get busted in the woods, but I have had great success with the product.

JHasty and Forty2Fields like this.
  10. Firek920

Firek920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guys at hunt camp use Unscented ammonia from the dollar store seems to work for them

JHasty likes this.
  11. DrSnake

DrSnake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Vanilla is one of those chemicals that can make animals "misidentify it" as something else. Kinda like garlic for fish. Interesting phenomenon.

We have Sweet Vanilla Thrilla. Certain mixtures as better than others. The guys in the lab tried explaining it one time, but I must admit I felt like a deer in the headlights.

There is a blurb in this about the garlic... https://nelsoncreekoutdoors.com/news/slow-start-of-a-cold-year-bass-fishing/

JHasty likes this.
  12. WNE8

WNE8 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have started using Nose Jammer on every hunt. I wash all of my clothing in scent free detergent, spray with Nose Jammer before I go to the stand, especially on the bottom of my boots, and I’ve yet to be busted. I hunt Illinois (bow hunting only) and I’ve yet to have a deer blow at me. I’ve even had them follow my trail to the stand. I was skeptical at first but now I firmly believe it works. I’ve had too much success with it to doubt it.

JHasty likes this.