Whisker biscuit vs. drop away

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Ty L, Aug 6, 2019.

1. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My argument is this. WB drag on the arrow. Drop away... no drag

mikey custom-g likes this.
  2. BB1

BB1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    started with a WB, decided a few years ago to go with a drop away and everything was great until...
    last season when I pulled my bow up through a branch (in the dark) I discovered I couldn't get the launcher arms to engage. I found some debris got into the rest which was causing the issue. I went back to a WB, which either works or it doesn't. I really don't need one more thing to worry about when I'm hunting.

ash d likes this.
  3. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A big No Thanks from me on a Whisker Biscuit. Too much contact with a moving arrow... they eat feathers if you are inclined to use them... they tend to amplify mistakes and problems with form and can be difficult to impossible to paper tune. “They can work for some people” is about as much of a ringing endorsement as I could muster if asked. Drop away rests are about as close to fail safe as could be reasonably expected. I’m sure there are some rare instances of failure or individual defective rests but literally everyone in my circle of friends and family have shot them for years and never had a single instance of a problem.

Okiebob likes this.
  4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I remember 30 years ago people shooting perfect scores with a flipper rest and cusion plunger. Lol

Dang, archery chit has gotten complicated!:throw:

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The past few years I've shot a crossbow after rotator cuff tear. Started feeling like a girl and this year I switched back to a "bow", now I'm starting to feel girly again because I use a whisker biscuit.

Feel sorry for everyone using them cheating carbon fiber arrows, you're next.

Aluminum or bust 2020.

MSBK1 likes this.
  6. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gamegetter 2117’s baby! Once I became “refined” as an archer and started using XX78 2314’s and 2512’s I called 2117’s “Slopehead arrows”.:biggrin:

Good times.

7. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've used a whisker biscuit for decades and it never failed me. Secures the arrow in place while in a stand or blind I love them That said I bought a new Bear bow this year and with it switched to a Ripcord Maxx I love the Ripcord too and have seen my accuracy at 40yds improve especially with consistency.

So I'm a toss up though I guess I'll probably stick with the drop away as it appears to give me a slight edge.

8. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had the WB fail. It got knocked loose before. It always has wear issues. It is not nearly as consistent. Accuracy for me was OK out to about 40. Any tuning issues cause big issues with the WB. With the QAD, I worry about hitting arrows not near as often as the WB. I shot the WB for a few years and had one robinhood. Quit shooting groups under 40 with the QAD.

9. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My pick is a drop away! Shot a whisker for a couple years and loved it! Gotta say the drop away blew me away!! Just my personal opinion, to each his or her own!!

10. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Used WB for many years before going to QAD in 2006. I returned to WB in 2011 when learning to shoot left handed due to a right shoulder injury. Found my injured arm couldn’t hold the bow steady after the shot which affected accuracy. Installed the QAD from my other bow and that solved it. Everything is healed up and could go with either rest but think QAD still gives an edge in accuracy.