Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Facebook didn't influence me :lol:

I voted Cruz in the primary, my vote was against Clinton and for SCOTUS pick and will be against whoever makes it on the ballot out of the Fab 20 or however many they have left.

I didn't have any control over the election, IL is and always will be a blue state. Hillary won our electoral points.

Care to answer how you feel about the Congressional Dems threatening the SCOTUS to vote the right way or they will fix it for them?

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Correct because you are not a "persuade-ables"

Correct Ill is not a swing state

When one party is not in control in the senate they act like ass-clowns. Dem's in the senate are acting like Ass-clowns

Okiebob likes this.
  4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Then why was Killary speculated to win.They all but guaranteed it

And what is Facebook?

5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It really went under the radar because the target size was so small.

Michigan 47.6 Trump 47.3 Clinton
    Wisconsin 47.9 Trump 46.9 Clinton
    Penn . 48.8 Trump 47.6 Clinton

Trump 306 Clinton 246

Now Flip those 3 states
    Trump 260 Clinton 292

About 85,000 votes decided this election when one breaks it down.

Polls have a margin of error, look at the difference in those 3 states, less than 1% in two, and 1.2% in Penn.

And media is bias also

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Voter suppression attempt by MSM

Artem256 likes this.
  8. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It still boils down to the dems hitching the wagon to the wrong horse. They had Hillary picked long before anything even started and even when Bernie was gaining steam still couldn't figure out nobody wanted her. Now they're banking on the popularity of Obama to push Biden. It's almost like they didn't learn at all.

As far as Trump winning on "fear and ignorance," ah no kidding. Just like every other political candidate in the history of elections they pandered to the easily manipulated voters. But how is that suprising? Free health care, free college, forgive student debt, free money for everyone, and free whatever else. Who do you think that's trying to get?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Artem256 and Okiebob like this.
  9. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea it'd be awesome. It won't ever happen but it'd be nice to get someone running them that's not msm to push rating and get sound bites.

10. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The result of living in NYS

ash d and Fix like this.
  11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    it's not about free for me it's about why

[​IMG]

anyone want to tackle this one?

Artem256 and Justin like this.
  12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't forget bias in the sample /polling set.

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No one in Congress,on either side, wants to lose their guaranteed donations/pocker linings.

I'm not diabetic so not familiar with insulin, does the maker have some type of non expiring patent or are there generics for it or only one maker/supplier?

Same goes for Epi-pens.

Big Pharama has them all scared to do anything.

Artem256 likes this.
  14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    American diabetes association has tried already.

https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/41/6/1299

"While the list price is defined as the price manufacturers set for their medication, the list price is not ultimately what is paid for the medication (with some exceptions), nor is it what manufacturers receive for their products. The net price manufacturers receive for their medications is the list price less any fees paid to wholesalers, and/or discounts paid to pharmacies, and any rebates paid to PBMs or health plans."

In other words, 'middlemen' and cause you or your insurance will pay this amount.

Most Americans are also not aware of the patient assistance plans (PAP) or patient advocate foundations (PAF) which pharma companies establish for those without insurance or financial means.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I went back out to the landfill this morning because my flight was not leaving till 5:00. I figure I would monitor run cycles and rein filtration time, I was calculating gallons per cycle when the motor controller 2 foot to my left has an explosion inside of it. The contractor did not pour the epoxy in the seal off properly and methane migrated into the controller 1 spark and boom. The enclosure is steel the outer door was bulged out in two places. I got extremely lucky in that I was not taking electrical reading so the door was latched shut. I am getting too old for this ****, I do not need explosions in my life. Sorry I posted this in the wrong place I am a little rattled this afternoon.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    mikey custom-g likes this.
  16. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna haveta get someone to convince those who's wallet gets fatter to do something. Be hard pressed get that done, by anyone.

17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't buy that for a second. Do middlemen contribute to the inflated final price of any product we purchase? Yes, they do. But they're not the problem when it comes to pharmaceuticals. Pharmaceutical companies are showing net profits of BILLIONS of dollars each year. Their execs and shareholders are riding around in their private yachts while insurance companies continue to provide less coverage for higher premiums, resulting in Americans paying absurd prices for drugs that can be had for a fraction of the cost in other countries. It's far and away one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated on the American people.

GSK, a UK-based company, on average charges 4-5x more for prescription drugs in the US than they do in their home country. Then they use their profits to lobby Chinese doctors with hookers and cash.

Those plans are a joke. Most require your household income to be under 30K/year or some extremely low amount to qualify. That's assuming they offer them at all. Many have changed to only providing assistance to uninsured people. However, as many of us have found out, having insurance these days is pretty much only good for catastrophic events. Many plans no longer cover prescriptions or provide nominal discounts once your high deductibles are met.

So when big pharma decides you're paying $300 for a product that everyone else in the world pays $10 for, you're screwed. And as long as they've got all of the politicians in their pockets, it will continue to be this way.

Call him what you will, but ol' Bernie is the only candidate out there who is talking about true, radical change to our increasingly broken healthcare system.

mikey custom-g, Tiny_MN and trial153 like this.
  18. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Call him what you will, but ol' Bernie is the only candidate out there who is talking about true, radical change to our increasingly broken healthcare system.[/QUOTE]

13CJ2f92ufIdoI.gif

19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Let's talk about the middlemen who contribute to the cost of your drugs for just a sec
    Insurance company
    Doctor
    Pbm
    Wholesaler
    Retailer or mail house
    Whomever offers your Healthcare (Todd Co may not have the scale others do... But large companies for sure).

All are cogs in the machine and play a significant part in just the pharma portion of your costs.

How many times has your pharmacist ever told you this would be cheaper to pay out of pocket than with your insurance?

Doctors who volunteer to write scripts for generics?

Bernies a bullshitter and crooked as a stick. He's authored 6 bills in a 30+ year career and been able to buy 4 homes on a public servant salary.

As supreme leader heres my plan:
    *Cap on malpractice payouts
    *License revocation based on medical board reviews of malpractice claims with weight for civil / legal verdicts
    *Longer patents for pharmaceudicals
    *Outlaw PBMs - legal price fixers
    *Prohibit licensed and practicing doctors from taking pay from pharma and insurance companies - a conflict of interest
    *Corn syrup (hydrogenated or not), sugar and any manufactured sweeteners will be taxed... Out the wazoo!
    *But Joe consumer also needs to not be a fat slob eating sit food. If you smoke, drink and/or eat packaged **** you need to pay more for your insurance. Maybe a tiered insurance price based on weight and lack of activity.

That should be a good enough start to piss people off, enough to act.

CoveyMaster and jrk_indle84 like this.
  20. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Most (big) pharma companies are global

Artem256 likes this.