How many treat gear with Ozone ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Suncrest08, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Maine Hunter

Maine Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hoping the Ozone helps out more than it hurts. I have always just washed my clothes with scent free detergent and stored in a tote with cedar bows. Has always worked for me. I got one of the AC outlet Ozone products last year and have yet to use it. I feel like it would be much nicer to have that and be able to get dressed at your house and turn it on on your way to hunting rather than changing in to your hunting gear when its snowing and below freezing. There is only one way to find out though!

2. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I bought the Ozone generator that plugs into the cigarette lighter.. it works really well and it definitely kills any residual odors in my truck, but I cannot be in the truck with it running.. For me it is pretty irritating after a couple minutes of driving with it on. I typically run it before I get in my truck just to help take care of any other odors that may be lingering in the truck.

Maine Hunter likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The discussion was about pretreating gear in preparation to hunt, not an ozone machine in the stand.

4. pohl-cat

pohl-cat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Are you using rubber boots? I heard ozone will destroy your rubber boots. Just wondering if it's true.

5. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ozone will destroy rubber boots from what I heard. I had suspenders and a flex fit hat get destroyed, the spandex got so loose and decayed from the ozone. No personal experience on rubber boots I don’t put them in the ozone.

6. Benny_Bucks

Benny_Bucks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ScentLok has some great OZ units available. This fall they will be shipping out the new OZ Renew and Gear Chamber. Top of the line gear!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No ozone for me I do completely wash my self with Scent Away or Dead down Wind as well as my clothes. I then spray down me and everything else when I leave the truck and again at the stand. I've been within one yard of deer on the ground. Almost never get busted and I'd say when I do its cause of movement not scent. Works for me.

Tiny_MN likes this.