3-D SHOOTING

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by MUDSHARK, Aug 8, 2019.

1. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i organize a 3 D Shooting range for my local sportsmen club and the number of shooters have tailed off over the last few years. does anyone go to a 3-D range and if so how often. We have 30 targets and the cost is $10.00.
    The range is open on the third Sunday of every month, from 7 am -3pm. target ranges vary from 4 yards to 50 yards depending on the class you choose to shoot.

Does anyone have any ideas that i could try to get people in to shoot. i've tried advertising and that was a waste of money no one advised that they saw the add in the paper. I've had minimal success on fliers posted on the local communities community boards. Our schedule is posted on our web site.

I've contacted a local person that has a you tube page and he is coming to our shoot this month on the 18th. to do a show. (KILL EM OUTDOORS / Clifford BAILEY).

I think its great practice for Archery Season

any help would be appreciated

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do go to the local club here near me whenever they have a shoot. Usually one per month in the summer. One thing they do is collect emails when you sign in and pay, then they send out info on the next shoot to that list. Might be an idea to generate some word-of-mouth advertisement.

Does your club have any social media? That might be another too. Tagging the page with words that are easy to search.

Perhaps run a "kids shoot free" type of option, or multi-person discount? Things that'll get people introduced to your range and draw them back.

I'm a database marketer by day, and building the customer database is no easy task. We use a lot of promotional things / discounts to bring people in the door, but it's a bit different. $10 is definitely not a barrier to entry in my opinion. 3D are a fantastic way to practice realistic shots.

3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ads, coupons and flyers will get about 10% return...if you are lucky. The thing now is social media. Our local Trout Unlimited chapter went with Facebook and closed the old website. I teach Hunter Education. Could you place signs in guns shops, archery shops, tackle shops, etc. Does a local radio or TV station do public service announcements? Any way to tie in with your fish & game people? NASP instructors or state coordinator?
    FWIW, there is a golf driving range that offers free lessons to mothers with the kid's lessons. Free Ladies Day? Free Father's Day shoot? Free Mother's Day shoot? Fathers and Mothers must be accompanied by their kids to qualify. Back to school shoot- free shoot before school starts for school age kids? Parents get a discount for that day.
    Good luck in drumming up shooters.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  4. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I watch cliff and kaylee’s stuff all the time. They are an hr from me. Very similar ground. Love their videos. I film too but they do it almost daily. I wonder where they get the energy

OhioHunter72 and MUDSHARK like this.
  5. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Make the trip down to meet them.

We shoot the 18th of this month. -8/18/19 from 7-3

6. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    8/18 is the PA elk drawing in Bennezette. I may be there!

7. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Good l
    Good luck with the draw!!!

8. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    THANK YOU FOR THE TIPS