Scentlok with new Realtree and mossy oak patterns

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Dawn Assassin, Aug 8, 2019.

?

What pattern do you like better?

1. Realtree true timber 02 whitetail

100.0%
  2. Realtree excape

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mossy oak terra gilla

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dawn Assassin

Dawn Assassin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else picking up the fortress or voyage set? I've already made up my my mind but my biggest problem is what pattern to go with? I hunt from a stand and occasionally stalk but 95% stabd hunter. I like the true timber 02 whitetail and the realtree excape. The mossy oak terra gilla is a good pattern but I've always been a fan of the Realtree brand.

What's everyone thoughts on the new patterns?

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am a firm believer that camo pattern is like stickers on ones car... They do nothing except make the person that owns them smile.
    (You knew someone had to give a smartass comment so I thought I would get it out of the way for you)

Germ likes this.
  3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I love the new abstract patterns and the BE1 garments. I have a full set on order in Mossy Oak Terra Gila. :tu:

Dawn Assassin likes this.
  4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is me minus the pink.....5 different camo patterns on at once. The deer are sent into a seizure much like a strobe light. My secret to getting them to stop at 20 yds.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Dawn Assassin

Dislikes Received:

I hate when camo doesn't match up it drives me nuts... especially if it's the same pattern but the the tones are off like brand new pants with a jacket that's been washed and left in the sun. I don't know why it just drives me crazy lmao

virginiashadow likes this.
  6. Dawn Assassin

Dislikes Received:
    Why did you pick that pattern? Do you think it's better for treestand hunting or do you think it's a all around pattern. I search everywhere for what the patterns are best for and couldn't find a thing???

7. Dawn Assassin

Dislikes Received:
    My order just got here yesterday and the true timber 02 whitetail patter is great looking.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like berber fleece because it has texture. Damn that sounded like rain man.

9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I like the contrast in this pattern better than the Realtree Xcape. That Realtree pattern looks a lot like Natural Gear to me in that it's very brown with limited contrast throughout. I'm sure it works fine, I just like the MO better. The O2 whitetail would be my 2nd choice of the available options. Again, because of contrast to help break up your outline.

10. Dawn Assassin

Dislikes Received:

I went with the o2 whitetail because I thought it would break up my outline. It's great stuff supper soft and has some weight to it. This is my first set of "premium" hun ting clothes and I'm definitely not disappointed. I thought the o2 whitetail would have a little more brown then white and I got a little nervous becsude of the white but after a couple days of pounding if I shoukd return it or not because of the white but figured it's a perfect blend and what do I know about camo I'm just a city dwelling Yankee from NJ lol I tbink the pattern will be fine lol

11. Part timer

Part timer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Now that you've had a chance to use this in the field whats your opinion of it? Im looking at getting the same set up and usually hunt central Illinois so basically the same temperatures as you.