Finally in the ground

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by fishsoft92, Aug 6, 2019.

1. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got one of the kill plots I’ve been wanting to put in planted yesterday. Had a storm come through last night, so I’m hoping the rain helped get everything set a little deeper. Here’s what it looks like. All in all, it’s about 13 yards by 10 yards. Nothing huge, but this is the first time I’ve actually put one in. We’ll see how it goes. Seed mixes are Antler King Homey Hole overseeded with Antler King Trophy Clover Mix.

Attached Files:

oldnotdead likes this.
  2. fishsoft92

Dislikes Received:
    There is another plot I was hoping to get in, but my schedule isn’t going to allow for that to happen this year with how much extra work this one needs.

Attached Files:

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No time? Go in and lay down some lime now. Let the rains and winter work it in then you have a head start on next year.

fishsoft92 and Fix like this.
  4. fishsoft92

Dislikes Received:
    I fully plan on getting it in and ready to go by start of next season. I just didn’t realize how much extra work that spot was going to need.

5. fishsoft92

Dislikes Received:
    Question for the veteran food plotters out there. Would you get a gas or battery pole saw to open the canopy up a little bit?

6. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    OMG I might be the best commercial for a Stihl gas pole saw. Hubby bought me one around 15 or so yrs ago. He did this because he didn't want me using the chain saws while out alone. Well I have a lot of timber work to do. So I learned how to cut timber with it. Now thats against ALL recommendations from the company but that saw is an absolute work horse. This is an average size tree I cut and several a week when I'm actively cutting

IMG_20190714_095504_hdr.jpg

7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer a tractor bucket and a regular chainsaw. But when in doubt always trust Stihl