3 D Shooting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MUDSHARK, Aug 8, 2019.

1. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i organize a 3 D Shooting range for my local sportsmen club and the number of shooters have tailed off over the last few years. does anyone go to a 3-D range and if so how often. We have 30 targets and the cost is $10.00.
    The range is open on the third Sunday of every month, from 7 am -3pm. target ranges vary from 4 yards to 50 yards depending on the class you choose to shoot.

Does anyone have any ideas that i could try to get people in to shoot. i've tried advertising and that was a waste of money no one advised that they saw the add in the paper. I've had minimal success on fliers posted on the local communities community boards. Our schedule is posted on our web site.

I've contacted a local person that has a you tube page and he is coming to our shoot this month on the 18th. to do a show. (KILL EM OUTDOORS / Clifford BAILEY).

I think its great practice for the archery season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any help would be appreciated

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot 3D from Februray through the end of September.

I find all of our shoots schedules via fliers at the local archery shops.

If you dont do fliers at the local sporting good shops you should. A lot of the local archery shoots also have the fliers from the other local shoots. Try networking with the other 3d venues in your area and exchange schedule fliers.

Find a local archery shop and try to get them to sponsor a shoot at your club. The more you network the better your shooter turnout will be.

3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I find shoots and the day/time they are through FB...other than the normal yearly shoots that we always attend. Most archery clubs have a FB page, so I simply "like" the page of several area clubs and then their posts show up in my news feed. They are good about posting a week before they have a shoot.
    If your local Sportsman's club doesn't have a FB page, try to talk them into making one. If they do, then post reminders the second week of every month. Fliers at any area sporting goods stores may increase awareness of your shoots as well.

MUDSHARK likes this.
  4. Eliteshot23

Eliteshot23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good advice

MUDSHARK likes this.
  5. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Thxs
    Mod-it, buckeye and Eliteshot23

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  6. Theana9

Theana9 Guest

+1
    [​IMG]

7. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most of the 3D shoots I attend I learn about them via:

- Word of mouth
    - State archery association (print, website and emails)
    - Local archery shop (posted on the corkboard, or loose partnership between the two)
    - Many of the clubs are in a multi-organization league and will promote all of them equally
    - Social Media (I really only do Instagram now, as it's much more focused to my tastes instead of all the BS of Facebook)

I also do a lot to promote the various clubs and shoots around me. I put three or four local club shoots into a Gmail calender I use, and then share it to others I know who shoot. The calendar also includes larger shoots such as the R100, Total Archery Challenge, IBO, ASA, etc. that I may be interested in attending. Being that I also shoot Olympic recurve, I also put a couple of state level tournaments in there for that.
    Then, I'll start talking up some of the various shoots 1-2 weeks prior with people I know to try and drum up attendance. At times, it's nice to shoot solo. Especially when I'm short on time and have to turn it into more of a "Shoot 'n Run". But, it's difficult to beat a good shoot with a few friends.

8. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    THANK YOU FOR TIPS