Golf Course Creek Bottom

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by WhiteBoy95, Aug 6, 2019.

1. WhiteBoy95

WhiteBoy95 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have hunting access to a golf course for this upcoming season. My questions are

1) Has anybody had experience hunting on golf courses? I know not to shoot the deer that are wearing polo's

2) How would you hunt the backside that has thick hardwoods/underbrush that backs up to a river finger?

The area outlined in red is the section of woods that I am able to hunt. After talking to the pro-staff at the course, I've learned that the deer feed in the greens early morning and head back to the woods around mid-morning/ early afternoon. If anybody has any insight, experience, or suggestions on this situation, please let me know. This is only my second year bow hunting, so please excuse my ignorance.

Attached Files:

2. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like a pretty cool and unique situation. If it's as thick as what you're saying, I would focus on the 90 degree corners just on the inside edge of the tree line. I like the SW corner because it's transitioning into another wood line the deer could use a travel corridor. More than likely the deer are going to walk the edges to get around more so than out in the open.

That's just my 2 cents.

WhiteBoy95 likes this.
  3. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’d put the bow in with my clubs....deer are probably pretty used to seeing golfers.... would give new meaning to a “hole in one.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not really a response to your posted question, but the first thought I had about this.
    This could be a real honey hole of a spot, especially if you're the only one allowed to hunt it. I'd try to only shoot deer as much out of view of the golfers as possible. Try to set up back in some cover and target the deer when they are returning to cover from feeding on the course, and don't take any shots that aren't 100% "money" shots. The last thing you want is to arrow a deer and have it run out onto the course in front of a bunch of non hunting golfers and expire in front of them, or worse bed down alive from a bad hit, otherwise your access may dry up very quickly. Good luck.

WhiteBoy95 likes this.