Seasonal data

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kjstaudt86, Jul 18, 2019.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think I read the article here on BHOD, but does anyone keep a spreadsheet on data you've collected for the hunting season? Photo info, locations, weather etc. I would like to get an idea or screenshots of some the data you collect from year to year. I know most hunting apps probably have that capability now, but just seeing what everyone does if you're into that kind of thing.

The only thing I really do now is just save trail cam photos by location from year to year, but that's about it.

2. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a hardback notebook that I record my observations in on each hunt, Location and what stand I hunted, wind direction, moon phase, temp, barometric pressure and what I saw deer wise while in the stand. I also save and folder my trail cam pics on the computer per buck Im observing.

3. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    if you have an iphone you can get the quiver app, it tracks all the information, you say start hunt, then you can mark when you see a deer what it is, notes, it says the weather at that time including barametric pressue. Im looking forward to using it this year, I only found it the last week of hunting season last year

Mlavigne78 and kjstaudt86 like this.
  4. Russ morton

Russ morton Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOL I actually use the Quiver App as well.

alenhard15 likes this.
  5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I keep saying I'm going to start doing that but never do. I can see where the info would def help

6. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have taken the notebook approach, but I am working on cataloging it into a spreadsheet.. The problem I am having is deciding what criteria is important, how to correlate different locations etc. I think if you were hunting one property with minimal outside influence it could be of great value.. I hunt all over the place so I think it is going to take a lot more data to truly realize any value in the cataloging process.

7. Mlavigne78

Mlavigne78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve always kept my trail cam pics in google drive so I can access anywhere. I store them by the year. I’ll def be checking out the quiver app. Just downloaded it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk