The Fish barrel. Let's see them pics

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by bloodcrick, May 23, 2016.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Common carp are not native, don't care who wanted carp in the United States, they are an invasive specie. They are considered rough fish in virtually every state in the US that the carp exist, there is no season or daily limit. They do damage to water clarity in watersheds. Carp do not have a single redeeming quality. Google is the common carp an invasive species.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Late as my computer had some issues that prevented me from replying sooner to your post of this past Tuesday. Reading over your last post- I think you will be surprised at what I will have for you and others. I have some feelers out for the specific information that I need. Just need a few days to assemble my waterfowl into a linear configuration. Stand by.

3. John T.

Dislikes Received:
    My reply would require a minimum of 2,000 words. I have received a commission to write an article on carp fishing for an established outdoor magazine. So, rather than take the space here, I'll let you know when and where it is published. Plus there will be some nice photos with the article.
    BTW, if we go with your definition of invasive, then brown and rainbow trout are invasive here in east Tennessee. They are not native but brought in from the western states and Germany.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Does the state label them as invasive species, or rough fish. I am not interested in interpretations if a state labels them a rough fish they are a garbage fish that do more harm than good. Hell 10 years ago in Minnesota it was against the law to release a rough fish alive.

5. John T.

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on the fish as to the label. Common carp are listed as rough fish. Asian carp, silver carp and bighead carp are listed as invasive. The invasive fish I just named do cause harm and are cause for alarm in many places. They can cause adverse effects on the aquatic environment to the detriment to native species. As to interpretations, common carp were deliberately introduced in the early 1800s. They did not invade North America. The history of common carp confirms that fact. It is interesting that Europeans are adamant about protecting common carp. It has given rise to a $7 billion fishing industry that rivals bass fishing here. You mention 10 years ago in MN; how about now? I have some interesting things about how carp are being accepted in some states. I'll have convert the information so I can download it here. I'll put it on my to-do list which keeps getting longer each day.

6. DoubleTroubleHubbel

DoubleTroubleHubbel Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My barrel is still empty

7. Killin tree

Killin tree Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Grass carp

Attached Files:

8. Hunteropel

Hunteropel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: