The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I bet a lot of grown men would sign up to be a foster teeth smacker.

Mam I see your having issues with your unruly spoiled son. I'm a foster teeth smacker I can help you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I speak in Braile you don't hear a damn thing you just feel it.

Okiebob and Artem256 like this.
  3. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That’s a fact

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Having the Wi-Fi password at lunch, but when it goes down I can't complain about it because I'm not supposed to have the Wi-Fi password at work.

picman, dnoodles and ash d like this.
  5. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That pre-made tea they sell in the grocery stores is pretty terrible even before somebody spits in it. I don't understand why people get that nasty stuff when they can just buy a box of tea bags and a couple pounds of sugar then spend 5 minutes boiling a pot of water to make it themselves. That stuff doesn't even compare to the real deal and making it homemade is cheaper and you don't have to wonder how many crackheads have spit in it.

The secret to delicious southern sweet tea is you've gotta mix your sugar into the boiling water before you add the tea bags. Not sure what the physics are behind that but I do know it makes all the difference.

cantexian likes this.
  7. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    On vacation and being half in the bag by 430. Woodchuck cider and sitting on the beach has got the best of me. The wife will be driving us to dinner

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

dnoodles, Okiebob and virginiashadow like this.
  8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This guy is an underappreciated actor![​IMG]

9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    FOR FREE!!!

10. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

There going be a lot slow singing and flower bringing once this burglar alarm goes a singing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When I was in high school and the coach/P.E. teacher heard you wanted to fight someone, he would come check you both out of last period, make you set up the ring, fire up and load the popcorn popper and put on the gloves. You always knew something was up because right before the last bell rang you could smell popcorn through the whole school. 3 minute rounds and if you gave anything less than 100% you had to run laps before and after school for two days. God bless Coach Gossen. Making men out boys was the order of the day.

These days he would make national headlines for being a bully or some such horsechit.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  12. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Please let Bloomberg and cuomo fall on the sword I’ll take another week off to celebrate. I can’t stand those 2mfers

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

mikey custom-g, Artem256 and Fix like this.
  13. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That happens and I'll meet you out for a beer brother

mikey custom-g, Artem256 and ash d like this.
  14. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The secret to delicious southern sweet tea is you've gotta mix your sugar into the boiling water before you add the tea bags. Not sure what the physics are behind that but I do know it makes all the difference.[/QUOTE]

And to not make it bitter, dnt squeeze the ever loving gire out the bags only lightly press enough they wont drip on the way to the trash

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

15. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But that's what makes it rocket fuel..

16. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not having alot of faith goin through this whole process of getting gun fixed. Called glock first, they said to send it to them. Which was gonna do anyway, but then found out shipping and repairs are on me. Then called ammo company and they want me to send in remaining ammo for them to test and then they'll determine what to do. Guy asked if mag blew out when this happen and I honestly didn't remember. So guy states if it had and there's nothing wrong with ammo then theres something wrong with gun. He asked what happend and I told him, then he says "well if the slide didn't lock it may be some weak spring or slide lock," so again the guns fault. Also said from the batch number that this is first report with this ammo they've had and it was about a year old.

So called glock back and again went through what happend and told then what ammo company said, then he says "well if the ammo comes back good, we don't cover something that happened from ammo under warranty."

So basically it sounds like whatever either finds I'll be paying for everything. Normally I wouldn't care but a gun with less than 500 rounds shooting factory ammo shouldn't have any provlems. Especially having a shell casing blow apart in the chamber. It's gotta be one or the other seeing as this is first malfunction of any kind with any ammo. Including about 25 rounds of critical defense ammo from hornaday that shoulda been alot "hotter" than what was shooting when this happened. See what happens I guess but either way won't be buying anymore ammo from that company, of any kind, and unless cs gets better than it started out will be my first and only glock pistol. Honestly its gonna be little iffy first couple times shoot it whenever get it back anyway.

17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And to not make it bitter, dnt squeeze the ever loving gire out the bags only lightly press enough they wont drip on the way to the trash

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums[/QUOTE]Gotta add a small pinch of baking soda too...

18. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We need Terry for our grocery stores. [​IMG]

mikey custom-g and cantexian like this.
  19. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds more like the ammo than anything. I'm sure they've had some reports but one weak casing in a big batch sounds like a more common occurrence than something going wrong with the gun. Sounds like they are both just going to give you the runaround. I'd take it to a good gunsmith and let them make a written determination but more than likely it wouldn't do any good. For what it's worth, after reading this I'll never buy a Glock.. of course I've never planned on buying one anyway.. lol. I would just order the parts off Midway, fix it and go down the road. Sounds like both have lousy customer service.

dnoodles likes this.
  20. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I don't really fault either company, there's none out there that hasn't had some issue, but unless the ammo company steps up and says something is wrong neither really seems like they wanna stand behind their product.

Like I said it's gotta be one or the other. Looking around on the web this isn't really a bizarre occurrence with glock either, look up "glock buldge" if curious, but for the guy talked to today basically say if they don't find anything wrong then the cost is on me for a gun that's 2 months old is pretty sad. Not to mention you as the consumer pays for shipping to them for apparently any kind of warranty work regardless. I looked it up and it'd cost anywhere from 80 to 120 bucks through FedEx from my location. The place I bought it from is gonna send it in tho so won't be that much, but still.

But as of now it's just a waiting game. I've looked for someone local but haven't had any luck. Gonna try one more place before just sendind it to glock. And I honestly could probably get the parts and fix it myself but I'd feel more comfortable having someone that knows what they're looking at to check it over. Never really tore into one of these and with it already missing parts idk if I'd be able to tell what's missing or not ha.